Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Steelers' position outlook: offensive line

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What number is Elkins? I want to watch him in preseason.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Mike Adams is pure Dog Sh!t! The quicker the team just cuts this Ohio State Gangsta Clown....the better.

 Retweeted by Steelers Depot

Scott Brown@ScottBrown_ESPN · 53m

Mike Adams has been very underwhelming so far in camp. Got beat bad by rookie LB Howard Jones in pass rushing drill.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    What number is Elkins? I want to watch him in preseason.
    Elkins is #61, running 3rd team right now -

Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora · Jul 30

Second team line. 78 74 72 79 76

[URL]https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Adams sounds exactly like Max Starks was early on

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He has the tools. He just needs time under munchak before we all start tossing him under the bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    He has the tools. He just needs time under munchak before we all start tossing him under the bus.
    Did Jerome Bettis pancake Mike Adams too?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

This is true.

Max was hated on this board until he developed...then, people couldn't believe how poorly he was treated by the FO...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh I disagree.

Adams is so soft. Not only that, he lacks mental maturity. I bring up his failed marijuana test at the Combine. You have got to be the stupidest or just have the maturity of a 10-year old waiting to open presents at Christmas, if you can't hold off smoking hippy lettuce for a couple months in preparation for the biggest job interview of your life. It isn't just the act--it is a symptom of a major flaw in the player.

He may eventually get it... guys like this sometimes do. But don't get clouded by his "athletic talent". That don't mean nothing. HE was the reason (or I suppose, the coach who inserted him as the Opening Day starter) we missed the playoffs last year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Oh I disagree.

Adams is so soft. Not only that, he lacks mental maturity. I bring up his failed marijuana test at the Combine. You have got to be the stupidest or just have the maturity of a 10-year old waiting to open presents at Christmas, if you can't hold off smoking hippy lettuce for a couple months in preparation for the biggest job interview of your life. It isn't just the act--it is a symptom of a major flaw in the player.

He may eventually get it... guys like this sometimes do. But don't get clouded by his "athletic talent". That don't mean nothing. HE was the reason (or I suppose, the coach who inserted him as the Opening Day starter) we missed the playoffs last year.
    Max starks fell to the 3rd because he was labeled soft, not soft as in weak but soft as in not aggressive and without a mean streak...which is really bad for a run blocking tackle. He was essentially a 6-8 teddy bear for his first few years in the league, if you cant recall that then your memory is off

Adams does have a mean streak, you can see it in his run blocking. He looks like Flozell as a run blocker, but his pass blocking skills are absolutely abysmal right now.

Id LOVE to know why Mike Adams is the sole reason the steelers missed the playoffs....and not pouncey getting hurt, bell being hurt, heath being hurt, Suisham mising 2 kicks vs oakland, Antonio Brown fumbling a ball right into Tracy Porters arms in oakland, andy reid resting his starters and Succup missing a FG by about 2 feet in OT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Id LOVE to know why Mike Adams is the sole reason the steelers missed the playoffs....and not pouncey getting hurt, bell being hurt, heath being hurt, Suisham mising 2 kicks vs oakland, Antonio Brown fumbling a ball right into Tracy Porters arms in oakland, andy reid resting his starters and Succup missing a FG by about 2 feet in OT
    Did you watch the first four games? (Four being an approximation. I'm just talking about how many he was the starter.) Our offense couldn't do anything, because he could not hold up whatsoever. I'm seeing the Bengal game, the Viking game in England, I think the Bear game too.

Coincidentally, we went 0-4 with him in the starting lineup. When we took him out, we did much better.