Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers CB Ike Taylor says Santonio Holmes and James Harrison would like to return

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Bring back STONIO, I'd be down with that. Regardless of the POT situation. He is very talented.
    I said we would never bring Plax back and I was wrong... so Holmes could definitely come back if he humbled himself like Plax.

I doubt it though...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I said we would never bring Plax back and I was wrong... so Holmes could definitely come back if he humbled himself like Plax.

I doubt it though...
    That's the thing, IF he can humble himself. It's unfortunate Plax got hurt last year, would have been cool to see what he would have brought to the table. Oh well.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I doubt it though...
    Way different scenario. Plex left as a free agent. OK. Nothing to get angry about; he got more $ than Pgh would pay him. It's just business. Holmes was traded for a cup of warm urine as the Rooneys were enraged he was still hitting the lettuce, at a time when Ben already brought disgrace to the franchise and city. If they reversed course on Holmes, what signal would it send? I don't see there being even the slightest chance of it. None. Why Ike doesn't grasp that, I have no idea.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What if Jones or Worilds get hurt? We've seen what happens when we move Timmons outside, so that's a big no. Chris Carter? I have as many sacks as he does. Arthur Moats? He has experience playing OLB in a 4-3, but not a 3-4, so I doubt he would be an adequate replacement either.

The Ravens are three deep at OLB and ILB with a mix of young players at veterans at both spots (outside they have vets Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil plus the young Courtney Upshaw and inside they have veteran Daryl Smith plus youngsters Arthur Brown and C.J. Mosley). In order to run a 3-4 that is focused on linebackers to make plays, you need quality depth. Baltimore has that right now, but we do not. Harrison would give us improved depth (not bringing him back to start; just as a situational player and insurance in case one of the starters get hurt).
    Great post. The Steelers are one pulled hamstring away from Chris Carter seeing snaps at OLB. Harrison adds depth and experience, and also gives the Steelers a player to rotate. Everybody loves talking about Seattle and their corners, while ignoring that Seattle, like many of the successful Giants defenses of recent vintage, rotates guys up front. Give James some snaps against the run, keeping Worilds and Jones fresher to rush the passer. I can also imagine a 2-5-4 in some packages with Worilds, Jones, Harrison, Timmons and Shazier.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Way different scenario. Plex left as a free agent. OK. Nothing to get angry about; he got more $ than Pgh would pay him. It's just business. Holmes was traded for a cup of warm urine as the Rooneys were enraged he was still hitting the lettuce, at a time when Ben already brought disgrace to the franchise and city. If they reversed course on Holmes, what signal would it send? I don't see there being even the slightest chance of it. None. Why Ike doesn't grasp that, I have no idea.
    Holmes was definitely worse but its not like we smiled and wished Plax good luck when he left for NYG.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    What signal does it send?? Why do you care so much about this so called message. Put the best guys out on the field who give this team the best chance to win games and ultimately championships. I am not here saying I am pulling for stonio to the point that I'm excited, however if he were to come back and shows he has matured and is still in shape, I would be al for it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hittin' the lettuce.

Come on that's funny.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cmon lets bring Holmes back if not just for his veteran presence and leadership but for the 15 games and 2 TD's he has the last 2 seasons

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Cmon lets bring Holmes back if not just for his veteran presence and leadership but for the 15 games and 2 TD's he has the last 2 seasons

Yeah...with production like that, it'd be a no-brainer to bring Holmes back...

...a REAL NO-BRAINER!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Holmes was definitely worse but its not like we smiled and wished Plax good luck when he left for NYG.
    How is Holmes situation worse than Burress? Just because Holmes committed a misdemeanor as a Steeler, while Burress was never convicted of a felony (with presumptive prison time) while a Steeler? There is no logic to the two situations. Booting Holmes and bring back Burress are both bad decisions. Completely inconsistent, if nothing else.