Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What level of celebrations bother you by Steelers?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What level of celebrations bother you by Steelers?

We have a few levels.

The animated first down point.

The fairly mellow first down point. (Bell)

The Tribute to Hines Ward TD dance by Brown. (I think that is what it is.)

I know some Steeler fans who hate any celebratory dance done by any Steeler in any condition.

I am not that old school. I mean, at some point old men had to get over the Beatles' long bangs.

The mellow first down gesture does not bother me in the least. It's mellow. He's not acting like he just scored a Super Bowl-winning TD or anything. The Brown TD dance paying homage to Hines? I can't be mad at that. He's paying homage to one of the greatest Steelers of all time.

The one that bothered me a little was Woodley's sack dance, mostly because I feared he was gonna injure himself doing it, for the most part. Not much stuff the Steelers do, celebration wise, bothers me. I usually get a wry smile upon watching it. Are you one of those who get angry at any celebratory moves?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I liked the Jack Ham style of celebration. No celebration speaks louder than to act like you've made that great play a hundred times before and will make it a hundred times again.

Legend

User Info Menu

The only people who hate celebrations are losers... lol.

Seriously, the fans love it and get fired up.... but there is always a few babies who want players to "act like they been there before"

Whats funny is the NFL gained traction due to celebrations and a made up "superbowl" that was good for entertainment.

The Redskins WR's... the Houston Oiler WR's... great celebrations.

Legend

User Info Menu

Another thread to try and bash the Steelers. Could you at least try and be original? Scratch that, we have already ascertained you' re not bright enough.

Seriously, what will it take for you to go infect another board?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The only people who hate celebrations are losers... lol.

Seriously, the fans love it and get fired up.... but there is always a few babies who want players to "act like they been there before"

Whats funny is the NFL gained traction due to celebrations and a made up "superbowl" that was good for entertainment.

The Redskins WR's... the Houston Oiler WR's... great celebrations.
    You know I hate Browns ball drop thing. What's funny is that I don't hate all celebrations. In fact I LIKE most TD celebrations. Even TOs antics made me smile. What you mentioned, even Ickey shuffle I found entertaining, (when it was not against us.)

Something about that one, just grates on me. Never liked the as Santonio flex thing either.

Maybe it is that thing where when some stranger axafool it's funny, but if it's your family it's embarrassing?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Another thread to try and bash the Steelers. Could you at least try and be original? Scratch that, we have already ascertained you' re not bright enough.

Seriously, what will it take for you to go infect another board?
    Wow. This post couldn't be more benign. I actually said I have no problem with any of it, and you are claiming this is an anti-Steeler post? Dude, really?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I liked the Jack Ham style of celebration. No celebration speaks louder than to act like you've made that great play a hundred times before and will make it a hundred times again.

I understand the "act like you've been there before." I support it, but at the same time, I don't hate on celebrations. Unless you celebrate a first down when the game is out of reach. That's hogwash.

Legend

User Info Menu

Where I was brought up, and my son too, it was called "bragging" or "hot-dogging", and it was frowned upon.

Agree the Tone Flex and Brown Ball Drop seem more annoying than most. Lemming may have it right - the Woodley Kick, Bus Spaz, and other Steeler antics seem to bother me more.

Wish they could all do like Heath. Just get up off the turf, throw the ball to the ref, and walk to the huddle. Nice!

I'd much rather see Barry Sanders dance _into_ the end zone than some fool dance _in_ the end zone.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heres my take...celebrations that are an extension of the energy expended on a big play are OK. Shows the emotion of the game. Celebrations that are pre-planned can disappear, just seem self-aggrandizing. Those guys usually have a 'me first' personality. Signature celebrations like the Woodley kick on every sack get old pretty quick, specially when the Steelers are losing.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Where I was brought up, and my son too, it was called "bragging" or "hot-dogging", and it was frowned upon.

Agree the Tone Flex and Brown Ball Drop seem more annoying than most. Lemming may have it right - the Woodley Kick, Bus Spaz, and other Steeler antics seem to bother me more.

Wish they could all do like Heath. Just get up off the turf, throw the ball to the ref, and walk to the huddle. Nice!

I'd much rather see Barry Sanders dance _into_ the end zone than some fool dance _in_ the end zone.
    I hate to play the race card but I wonder if Heath would be the go to Steeler if he was black and played the exact same way.

The "be like the white guy on the team" is a little bothersome. I'm pretty sure I've seen Heath celebrate or point for a first down when in the moment....

My coaches always told me "if you want them to stop celebrating, play harder and win"