Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: Steelers CB Ike Taylor says Santonio Holmes and James Harrison would like to return

  1. #31
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    781
    After "The Catch", Stonio became a completely self-centered, me-me-me guy. He was suspended by the NFL and then was kicked to the curb by the Steelers who had enough. You'd think he'd grow up a little after that, right? NO, he became a bigger malcontent and cancer on his next team to the point that he was benched during a high stakes game, where his own teammates called him out and wanted him gone.

    No chance in hell the Steelers take this classless has-been back. And thank goodness. Let's just remember him for XLIII and be done with it.
    Last edited by Eich; 05-21-2014 at 11:50 PM.

  2. #32
    Wallace returns before Santonio - and I don't want that either. Wallace played out his contract, filed for FA, and took a big contract to go to another team. Santonio played a bigger role, was caught with drugs, he called out the team's fans on Twitter, and was thrown away - for a fifth rounder, all while coming off of his best statistical season. The team was making a very big statement when they sent Holmes away. That is the kind of statement that is not reversed.

  3. #33
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,363
    Holmes will never be respected in the locker room the way JH is...
    I think JH realizes he made a mistake and would do anything to get back on the team.
    Holmes is just trying to get on any team and if he doesnt, he will be content to just sit there and smoke out.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  4. #34
    In 2012, Holmes suffered a severe Lisfranc injury that ended his season and required surgery. From what I have read, the long term outlook for a player whose Lisfranc injury did not require surgery is pretty good. For those that required surgical repair, not so good. Add that to the mix and I see little chance of Holmes returning to Pittsburgh or seeing much playing time anywhere else, for that matter.

  5. #35
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    After "The Catch", Stonio became a completely self-centered, me-me-me guy. He was suspended by the NFL and then was kicked to the curb by the Steelers who had enough. You'd think he'd grow up a little after that, right? NO, he became a bigger malcontent and cancer on his next team to the point that he was benched during a high stakes game, where his own teammates called him out and wanted him gone.

    No chance in hell the Steelers take this classless has-been back. And thank goodness. Let's just remember him for XLIII and be done with it.
    I think this sums it up pretty well.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Holmes will never be respected in the locker room the way JH is...
    I think JH realizes he made a mistake and would do anything to get back on the team.
    Holmes is just trying to get on any team and if he doesnt, he will be content to just sit there and smoke out.
    JH made a poor business decision, likely taking the advice of his agent. Not the first, and certainly won't be the last. Santonio was, and likely still is, a human turd.

  7. #37
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,014
    I still think it's hysterical that Rex Ryan appointed Santonio to be a team captain. Classic.

  8. #38
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,499
    No & No. Actually...No to any X Steelers not on roster unless a starter gets injured.



  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    No & No. Actually...No to any X Steelers not on roster unless a starter gets injured.
    Are you really comfortable going into the season with Chris Carter as the top backup at OLB?

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,499
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Are you really comfortable going into the season with Chris Carter as the top backup at OLB?


    I am unless there is an injury. Williams, Spence (If he's back), Moats, Carter & Zumwalt will be you back-up unless H Jones pushes Carter off the roster. They have position flexibility now. You might look at the roster & say they are heavy inside but the flexibilty with Shazier, Moats, & Zumwalt makes them deep at ILB & OLB. Harrison is 36 & doesn't appear to have anything in the tank. Gurnateed contract for a non ST back-up...I would pass. If everyone is healthy...He doesn't get a helmet. It's a numbers game on this roster. If an injury happens...He will be on the street. No need to bring him here unless a NEED arises.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •