Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jags take so much crap for attendance....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jags take so much crap for attendance....

....and meanwhile, they had more fans show up than Pgh did.

Hard to believe, but it's true.

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/order/false[/url]

Only two teams had less fans than the Steelers.

So, let's put the "20 year waiting list" thing into its proper perspective.

Jones avg. 88k fans to our avg. of 57k. And they only had an 8-8 season as well.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Any Jags bars in Shanghai? London? NYC? Los Angeles? Have the words "Jaguar" and "Nation" ever appeared in the same sentence until now? Do Jaguar fans routinely make up 20-25% of attendance at their team's away games?

Legend

User Info Menu

What is the proper perspective? Fans dont show up when we have .500 seasons...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

talk about reaching

Rookie

User Info Menu

Why is the concept of season tickets so difficult to comprehend?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Why is the concept of season tickets so difficult to comprehend?
    Ever heard the phrase "stuck on stupid"

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't believe I'd be a fan of a team in which I hated everything about them from the fan's attendance, to the front office, to the coaching staff, and a good bit of the players. But maybe I'm odd and it's just me...
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-19-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Every single one of the 65,500 seats at Heinz Field is bought and paid for every game, every year, whereas other teams need to put up tarps over their entire upper deck, with the home team having to chip in 30 cents on the dollar to the visiting team for every unsold seat in order for it to be considered to be a sellout for T.V. blackout purposes. In Jacksonville, they could fit 84,000 (and routinely do for college football games there), but capacity is dropped to 67,000 and change for the NFL. Would I want a stadium that seats over 80,000 in Pittsburgh? Not necessarily. I much prefer the feel of Heinz with good sightlines from my upper deck end zone seat over my experiences at the more voluminous Beaver Stadium at Penn State which seats over 100K. Plans are still in the works to add an extra 3,000 seats at Heinz with an additional scoreboard on the North End to accommodate those new seats in the South Plaza (since the Jumbotron would be behind them).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Any Jags bars in Shanghai? London? NYC? Los Angeles? Have the words "Jaguar" and "Nation" ever appeared in the same sentence until now? Do Jaguar fans routinely make up 20-25% of attendance at their team's away games?
    I never posted this to claim Jags franchise is in any way superior to Steelers. Obviously, a team with 6 Super Bowls that has been around since 1933 is going to have a stronger worldwide following than a team that has won no titles and has only been around since 1995. No shocker there. My point was that so many rip on Jags' attendance, when, in fact, they had more fans show up for games than did the Steelers last season. That is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    What is the proper perspective? Fans dont show up when we have .500 seasons...
    And even after years and years of losing seasons, Jags still have more fans show. Imagine what their #s would be if they had some winning seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Every single one of the 65,500 seats at Heinz Field is bought and paid for every game, every year, whereas other teams need to put up tarps over their entire upper deck, with the home team having to chip in 30 cents on the dollar to the visiting team for every unsold seat in order for it to be considered to be a sellout for T.V. blackout purposes. In Jacksonville, they could fit 84,000 (and routinely do for college football games there), but capacity is dropped to 67,000 and change for the NFL. Would I want a stadium that seats over 80,000 in Pittsburgh? Not necessarily. I much prefer the feel of Heinz with good sightlines from my upper deck end zone seat over my experiences at the more voluminous Beaver Stadium at Penn State which seats over 100K. Plans are still in the works to add an extra 3,000 seats at Heinz with an additional scoreboard on the North End to accommodate those new seats in the South Plaza (since the Jumbotron would be behind them).
    Rooneys never planned on a stadium much larger than what they have so they can still sell the "20 year waiting list" half truth. They figured out they might have shot a little too low, hence, the proposed 3k more seats.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers adding 3,000 seats at Heinz Field for 2015 season

Steelers tickets have been hard to come by for the last few decades, but there will be a few thousand more of them available for Steelers games come 2015.

The Steelers announced Monday that they have reached agreement with the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Alleghany County on plans for an expansion to Heinz Field. There will be approximately 3,000 new seats in the South Plaza of the stadium and team president Art Rooney II said in a statement that he hopes “we will be able to provide many of our Waiting List fans the opportunity to become season ticket holders.”

Any fans that do will be paying a $1 ticket surcharge that was also announced on Monday. The team said those monies would fund future capital repairs and that the team will pay for any cost overruns that may occur during the construction, which will also include a new high-definition videoboard.

Heinz Field currently has 65,050 seats. The expansion would move the total capacity to No. 21 in the league, just behind the debuting Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-2015-season/[/URL]
    They have 65k seats but only 57k fans show on average. That # is not really anything to brag about. And if they don't win this season, it will drop even more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers adding 3,000 seats at Heinz Field for 2015 season

Steelers tickets have been hard to come by for the last few decades, but there will be a few thousand more of them available for Steelers games come 2015.

The Steelers announced Monday that they have reached agreement with the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Alleghany County on plans for an expansion to Heinz Field. There will be approximately 3,000 new seats in the South Plaza of the stadium and team president Art Rooney II said in a statement that he hopes “we will be able to provide many of our Waiting List fans the opportunity to become season ticket holders.”

Any fans that do will be paying a $1 ticket surcharge that was also announced on Monday. The team said those monies would fund future capital repairs and that the team will pay for any cost overruns that may occur during the construction, which will also include a new high-definition videoboard.

Heinz Field currently has 65,050 seats. The expansion would move the total capacity to No. 21 in the league, just behind the debuting Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-2015-season/[/URL]