Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 153

Thread: Jags take so much crap for attendance....

  1. #81
    You're right, the only reason there is now a "20 year waiting list" is because the only seats that are not subject to seat licenses and can become available to people on the waiting list are in the Upper Deck End Zone. Anybody who is seriously interested in becoming a season ticket holder purchases a seat license. So the only reason to remain on the waiting list is to be able to pretend like you're a great fan and only the tremendous popularity of the Steelers prevents you from becoming a season ticket holder.

  2. #82
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,381
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    The Jags are unfairly bashed by Steeler fans, for 1.
    personally, I couldn't possibly care less about the Jags and I'm pretty sure most Steelers fans feel the same way...

  3. #83
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,455
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Your OP says the Jags fan are unfairly bashed... but by who? .
    No one, until they started selling the Jag Rag.

  4. #84
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    You're right, the only reason there is now a "20 year waiting list" is because the only seats that are not subject to seat licenses and can become available to people on the waiting list are in the Upper Deck End Zone. Anybody who is seriously interested in becoming a season ticket holder purchases a seat license. So the only reason to remain on the waiting list is to be able to pretend like you're a great fan and only the tremendous popularity of the Steelers prevents you from becoming a season ticket holder.
    Yes, the Rooneys perpetuate this half-truth, and like gullible puppies, most Steeler fans just buy into the blanket statement. And not only is the above happening, but a plethora of scalpers are allowed to buy massive amounts of tickets, so, in effect, all those tickets are not "sold" in the traditional sense, but actually represent "unsold" tickets that the public can buy game day. So, are all season tickets truly sold out? Not until those scalper tickets are actually sold to the public. Fact is, demand for season tickets are not needed to be on a "20 year waiting list" at all. The Rooneys just love to repeat that lie over and over, and even get the commentators to repeat that lie, on air, many times during the season.

    Now what _IS_ undeniable, and true, is the amount of fans who show up for away games. But most of those fans show because they LIVE in the area of the away game. The announcers ignorantly claim, "Steeler fans travel well" when, in fact, the majority of fans didn't travel at all; they LIVE in the away city area. The bulk of Steeler fans who show up at Jag games LIVE in North East FL. A small % actually travel down for the game from Western PA. Most of us simply live here. It's the same for all of the away games: Former residents of PA - feeling depressed from Western PA weather, roads, economy, nanny state - simply find better areas to live in. THAT is why so many fans show up at away games, not because "we travel well." That is a insanely inaccurate claim.

  5. #85
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    personally, I couldn't possibly care less about the Jags and I'm pretty sure most Steelers fans feel the same way...
    Have you seen those from WPA who come down to the Jag games? I am talking about those who do actually travel to J-ville from WPA. I have. They are pretty rude. Those of us who actually live here have learned to chill out and not be so caustic. Those from Pgh do say things to the Jag fans about "you had to tarp your seats" and "We have a 20-year waiting list on tickets." I have personally witnessed this occurring.

  6. #86
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well what, you douche. No one besides you and a$$ clown beats gives a F about attendance. It doesn't tell anyone anything. The NFL loves the Steelers and knows they bring huge ratings. They are considered a keystone franchise. Forbes rated the fan base the second in the NFL based on a multitude of criteria including attendance.

    If the Jags want to spend their own money to give away thousands of tickets each week for some fictional attendance "wins", who cares. They continue to be a bad franchise and losers. Why we are even talking about them is beyond me.

    so all the lemmings are making up angles(bars, forbes, sell outs, season tickets, etc) to dispute the fact the the jags had more people attend games last year then the steelers did.
    i simply state a FACT that the steelers also have one of the lowest % attendance records of all 32 teams, and what is the typical response? Name calling, lying, doing a 180 on original stance etc.
    so for a team that is so great, has a huge waiting list, is a icon in the NFL, etc. etc. etc., bottom line is every seat in the stadium is paid for and they still have one of the lowest attendance rankings.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  7. #87
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    The content of the above breaks board rules.






    No, I have already proven they had the 3rd weakest # of attendance in the NFL. You say you "don't care" about attendance, yet are so fast to brag of it, even though it isn't even true. They averaged 57k. That's near the bottom of the league. If you don't care about it, then why brag about the 20-year waiting list (which is artificially generated)?


    Why do you keep talking about them, then? They had more fans show up than did the Steelers. FACT. Why live in denial?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct
    So when Forbes publishes a report that specifically says they have 5 criteria to judge fan bases and attendance is one of them the researchers are incorrect and they don't really no what they are reporting. Because you say so? If you find a single post where I've bragged about the 20 year waiting list I'll leave the board.

    You started a thread on a Steelers msg board about attendance at another teams stadium. You're the one talking about them. I'm not living in denial at all. Until this thread I'd never given it a nano second of thought. And I was invited to join here the same month it was created and not one single time has the topic of Jags attendance come up, ever. Take your conspiratorial thoughts elsewhere.

    I'd say you're being intentionally obtuse but after 6 months of your posts I know you are just an imbecile.

  8. #88
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,788
    You 2 sound beyotch made... you guys should buy Jag tickets and meet under the tarp.

    No one is arguing about attendance numbers because there is nothing to argue. Small market, bad football, empy seats. What do you 2 want from Steeler fans? A cookie...a jag rag.... some lotion?

    Who said we had top 5 attendance? What are you guys actually arguing about? Get a room and handle your biz, no need fr all this PDA about attendance figures.

    Freaking weirdo's.

  9. #89
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,788
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so for a team that is so great, has a huge waiting list, is a icon in the NFL, etc. etc. etc.
    this line says A LOT about what you really are...

    Keep on Trolling!!!

  10. #90
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'd say you're being intentionally obtuse.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •