Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 153

Thread: Jags take so much crap for attendance....

  1. #71
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It's not that I'm lazy, it's that i just don't care...
    I did not attend a Steeler game late last season because I was too busy looking for my stapler.

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    Steelers fans are no different thatn any other fans, when things are going good they jump on the bandwagon, and when things go south they jump off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    Says a guy who doesn't have season tickets. If the Steelers play like the Browns or the Jags for a couple of years, you won't be able to say that because people will give up their season tickets. It happened with the Steelers in the early 90's, but they weren't real bad and it didn't take long for them to start winning again. Frankly, I'm beginning to think that I would be better off giving up the season tickets and just choosing the games I want to go to and buying the tickets at stubhub, ebay, NFL ticket exchange. It would save me having to shell out through the nose for two worthless preseason games every year. And if I feel like going to a meaningless game at the end of the season, I can be the guy paying $25 for $90 tickets.

    So you call Steeler fans banwagoners, give as an example people giving up season tickets, then say you are considering giving up yours?

    No comment except that I have no choice but to take you at your word

    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-21-2014 at 10:55 AM.

  3. #73
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Money post.......literally.
    And they still don't get it

  4. #74
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I did not attend a Steeler game late last season because I was too busy looking for my stapler.


    I'll tell you what I'd do, man. Two season tickets at the same time.

    And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with season tickets

  5. #75
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,932
    Well what, you douche. No one besides you and a$$ clown beats gives a F about attendance.
    The content of the above breaks board rules.
    o Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, coach or player.

    o Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.

    o Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.


    It doesn't tell anyone anything. The NFL loves the Steelers and knows they bring huge ratings. They are considered a keystone franchise. Forbes rated the fan base the second in the NFL based on a multitude of criteria including attendance.
    No, I have already proven they had the 3rd weakest # of attendance in the NFL. You say you "don't care" about attendance, yet are so fast to brag of it, even though it isn't even true. They averaged 57k. That's near the bottom of the league. If you don't care about it, then why brag about the 20-year waiting list (which is artificially generated)?

    If the Jags want to spend their own money to give away thousands of tickets each week for some fictional attendance "wins", who cares. They continue to be a bad franchise and losers. Why we are even talking about them is beyond me.
    Why do you keep talking about them, then? They had more fans show up than did the Steelers. FACT. Why live in denial?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    And they still don't get it
    That's the bottom line. ALSO a literal statement.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-21-2014 at 02:09 PM.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Why do you keep talking about them, then? They had more fans show up than did the Steelers. FACT. Why live in denial?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct
    Soup kitchens are never empty my friend. And it ain't cause people LUV the food.

  8. #78
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,900
    He's talking about it because you brought it up...

    No one is disputing attendance figures for the Steelers...

    I guess the question is WHY is it important to YOU and why is it so important that you needed to make a post on it?

    Your OP says the Jags fan are unfairly bashed... but by who?

    ..and when did Ghost brag about attendance figures? He bragged about Steeler bars, Forbes list and passion around the world. This thread stinks of troll odor.

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The fans on the season ticket waiting list support your idea of giving up your season tickets.

    Pappy
    Actually, I would sell the seat licenses that I paid $2,000 per seat for whatever I could get, because otherwise I would forfeit the seat license fee. There are seat licenses for all seats at Heinz Field with the exception of the Upper Deck End Zone tickets. Which is why the only seats that will ever bercome available for people on the waiting list are in the Upper Deck End Zone. The Steelers website has a link to a site where the seat licenses for Heinz Field can be bought and sold, and you can bet that the Steelers get a piece of that action. So for any of you guys on the waiting list that are actualy serious about getting season tickets, you can buy the seat licenses(s) and have season tickets. No different from what current season ticket holders had to do.

    As for me, over time I have become frustrated with several aspects of being a season ticket holder. Paying full price for the 2 crappy exhibition games every year is annoying. The Steelers "solution" this year was to "lower" the price for the exhibition games and increase the price for the regular season games, which ended up in a net increase for the price of this year's season tickets. Talk about trying to put lipstick on a pig. But I have also come to realize just how out of whack the Steelers ticket pricing really is. Tickets in row N, Section 539 cost the same as tickets in row A, Section 534, which last year was $88. So there is absolutely no consideration of the fact that the Section 539 seats are in the back of the end zone and the Section 534 seats are on the 50 yard line. Most teams now charge premium prices for seats between the 40 yard lines. Even worse, tickets in any row in the lower Sections, like 534, 535, etc only cost $100. So there is only a $12 price differential between upper deck sideline seats in the end zone and lower deck sideline seats on the 50 yard line. So I'm not a particularly happy camper these days.

  10. #80
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He's talking about it because you brought it up...

    No one is disputing attendance figures for the Steelers...

    I guess the question is WHY is it important to YOU and why is it so important that you needed to make a post on it?

    Your OP says the Jags fan are unfairly bashed... but by who?

    ..and when did Ghost brag about attendance figures? He bragged about Steeler bars, Forbes list and passion around the world. This thread stinks of troll odor.
    The Jags are unfairly bashed by Steeler fans, for 1. I have witnessed it, a myriad of times, first hand. Fact is, if the Steelers were as bad as the Jags the last 5 years, we'd have an average attendance of about 40k - if they were lucky - not the 58k Jags fans have been putting up. Why do I mention it? Because I generally do not like when lies are thrown around as truth without anyone setting the record straight. Be honest: If I had asked you who has a better attendance record last year, would you have realized it was the Jags without looking it up? You know, sure as hell, you thought the Steelers had more fans showing up. Admit it. Admit it right now, or be forever known as dishonest.

    After I proved my point, an attempt to move goal posts was pursued. "OH, well, J-ville is a much bigger city than is Pgh." I once again dispelled another half truth. The only reason J-ville is "bigger" is because the city planners made city limits an insane size, totally 747 sq. miles compared to Pgh's 58. The only American cities with more sq. miles all reside in Alaska, where there is nothing but massive sparse land. If one contained J-ville in the same 58 sq. miles of Pgh, Pgh would dwarf J-ville. Anyone not realizing that, for all intents and purposes, Pgh is a much larger city than is J-ville, obviously hasn't been to both cities. So, for those of us who smugly point to a "20 year waiting list" are just promoting more half truths. That stat would make one believe that Steeler fan attendance is among the league leaders. That is just not true. The actual attendance for Steeler games in in the bottom 5 of the entire league. I am attempting to reduce the arrogance of Steeler fans so we aren't embarrassing. We brag about our "20 year waiting list" while not realizing that it is artificially created and we are no where near among the highest in fan attendance. Does it mean we are bad fans or a bad franchise? Of course not, but let's deal in the truth, not perpetuate half truths.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •