Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 146

Thread: Jags take so much crap for attendance....

  1. #51
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,062
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    What was your point with this thread anyway?
    most likely to evoke emotional responses from the posters here.

    looks like he has succeeded...

  2. #52
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,466
    The Steelers attendance was very similar to the jags at the end of last year. There was NO ONE there.

  3. #53
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,122
    Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER the burgh could fill Hines TWICE on any given week if we had double the capacity and GAVE SEATS AWAY.

    You are completely wrong. Last season I couldn't go to the Bengals gane on December 15, so I sold my three tickets in an eBay auction. The winning bid was $86 for all three, not per ticket. After various fees I got $25 per ticket. Luckily I was able to use the tickets for the last game of the season against the Browns, because it didn't appear to me that you could give those tickets away. Steelers fans are no different thatn any other fans, when things are going good they jump on the bandwagon, and when things go south they jump off.
    So what... when I look at away games on TV its Steeler fans. When they play Carolina in Charlotte, more Steeler fans than Panther fans.

    I dont care about a full stadium when they are playing awful football... hopefully the players and the Rooneys get the message. Its one thing to play hard and lose but playing sloppy football and pathetic D shouldn't be rewarded with a full stadium in December.

  4. #54
    Actually, the Steelers were still alive for a playoff spot going into the last game of the season -- and Heinz Field was half empty. What will it look like if going into the last game of a season and the Steelers have a 5-10 record? And you can bet that the numbers of Steelers fans at road games will also significantly diminish when their record goes south. We Steelers fans are really no different than fans of other teams, its just that our team has had a lot more success than most.

  5. #55
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Let's get back to your original contention. That somehow the bigger attendance in a bigger stadium mean something I'm relation to the 20 year waiting period for tickets.

    They are not in any way related. What is your point?
    Isn't it obvious? We like to mock Jag fans for having to put up banners to cover seats, but, in reality, even with all of their disadvantages (start up franchise, no titles, small town) they had more fans attend than we did. It really doesn't matter if they sell some tickets cheaper than we do; even with doing that, you'd think we would have way more fans showing up than they do; fact is, we do not.
    You KNOW Jville has to give away tickets to get their attendance yet don't mention it until someone else brings it up?
    They don't blanket give huge # of tickets away. You just keep pretending they do. Fact is, more fans showed up for the Jags than did Steeler fans, period. And they have been a very bad team for years. They would love an 8-8 season.


    When you bring up record and BRAG that your team (yes I said it you act like a Browns fan) has higher attendance while deliberately leave out the givaways it comes off as troll behavior.
    What % of the total fans get in from free tickets? Tell me.

    Like I said before you can fill ANY stadium if you giveaway tickets. Implying that there is any comparison is simply disingenuous.
    That's a lie, pure and simple. When I lived in PA and we were having a bad season, they couldn't GIVE Steeler tickets away. No one wanted them. I would hear radio stations offering free tickets if you called in and no one bothered to call. No one wanted tickets, even for free. That is the reality that I witnessed with my own ears and eyes.

    I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER the burgh could fill Hines TWICE on any given week if we had double the capacity and GAVE SEATS AWAY.

    Some of your criticisms seemed reasonable but now I am calling you out as trolling. Its pretty obvious.
    I could give a flying flip at a rolling doughnut about what you feel about me. I think you are a mindless, yinzer who avoids any reality that doesn't equate to the Steelers being perfect in every possible way. I would detest going through life as a delusional zealot. That would be a sentence to hell, for us who apply actual reason, logic and independent thought to the world we live in.

  6. #56
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    Actually, the Steelers were still alive for a playoff spot going into the last game of the season -- and Heinz Field was half empty. What will it look like if going into the last game of a season and the Steelers have a 5-10 record? And you can bet that the numbers of Steelers fans at road games will also significantly diminish when their record goes south. We Steelers fans are really no different than fans of other teams, its just that our team has had a lot more success than most.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The lemmings don't want to deal in facts and reality; just leave them be in their fantasy world. Fact is, if Pgh had seasons like the Jags and Browns, we would have FAR less fans show up than those teams do. Please. It is so obvious. I love the Steelers, but that doesn't mean I have to walk around blind and deaf. We are accurately thought of as rabid front runners, but when we have down seasons, the fans stop supporting the team.

  7. #57
    Backup AzStillers1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northborough, MA, United States
    Posts
    465
    Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!

  8. #58
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    So what... when I look at away games on TV its Steeler fans. When they play Carolina in Charlotte, more Steeler fans than Panther fans.

    I dont care about a full stadium when they are playing awful football... hopefully the players and the Rooneys get the message. Its one thing to play hard and lose but playing sloppy football and pathetic D shouldn't be rewarded with a full stadium in December.
    I don't disagree, I am just stating the facts: Jag fan gets bashed all the time for tarped seats, but they had more fans show up than the Steelers did. No matter how you twist things, those are the facts. J-ville can make their city limits 747 sq. miles but that doesn't make the legit city bigger than Pgh, because it's not. If you've been to both cities, you'd know that as a fact.

  9. #59
    This is a Steeler fan forum. I've been here a couple months and don't recall any threads giving Jags fans all kinds of "crap" about their attendance. But here you are with a thread defending the Jags attendance. Apropos of what? Who were you answering? Looks to me like you wanted a reason to bash Steeler fans and dragged this out of your ass. Yet you deny you're a troll. Then you call us lemmings and yinzers, like your golden rump weighs a ton. Well, you're a troll. Eff you.

  10. #60
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    anyone notice that the steelers had the 5th lowest percentage of fans showing up, based on attendance /capacity?

    well?.......
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •