Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 146

Thread: Jags take so much crap for attendance....

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    ....and meanwhile, they had more fans show up than Pgh did.

    Hard to believe, but it's true.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/order/false

    Only two teams had less fans than the Steelers.

    So, let's put the "20 year waiting list" thing into its proper perspective.

    Jones avg. 88k fans to our avg. of 57k. And they only had an 8-8 season as well.
    Show us a link where you can buy season tickets. If not season tickets, how about regular season tickets from the team in good seats. Not Stubhub, ebay or a scalper, but through the team. If you can't provide the link, STFU.

  2. #32
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,131
    This thread reminds me of the NFL trying to use GB's books to show teams werent making money during the last CBA agreement.

    Pittsburgh will always be close to the bottom of the NFL attendance figures because its a small market with a small stadium. There wouldnt be a 20 year aiting list if we had 85K seats in the stadium...

  3. #33
    Backup Notleadpoisoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NotPittsburgh
    Posts
    376
    If you own a ticket to any home game and don't plan on attending I'm more than willing to take it off your hands free of charge.

  4. #34
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Even the NFL thinks the Steelers are a better team. Two 8-8 seasons and they still got 5 Nationally televised games. Jags got 1. But keep telling everyone how they are a better fan base and organization

    where did he say they were a better fan base and organization?
    the man simply posted a fact that jacksonville had a higher attendance than the steelers.

    you guys are adding all kinds of BS to prove him wrong on something he never said. he never said they always sell out, dont give tickets away, have more jags bars, get lots of primetime games, have a nationwide following, that you can get steelers season tickets whenever you want to. etc etc.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  5. #35
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,699
    I can remember when I was a teacher in Gainesville.. there were a few times where one of the schools were asked to attend. The entire school got free tickets. They were all donated seats. Sure it happens in other cities, but Jax really had to give them away. If the team has to buy it's own tickets, they have to take that money from somewhere. Maybe if Jax used that money to improve football operations they wouldn't have to give their seats away.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    where did he say they were a better fan base and organization?
    the man simply posted a fact that jacksonville had a higher attendance than the steelers.

    you guys are adding all kinds of BS to prove him wrong on something he never said. he never said they always sell out, dont give tickets away, have more jags bars, get lots of primetime games, have a nationwide following, that you can get steelers season tickets whenever you want to. etc etc.
    Begging your pardon, but he did post this:

    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Only two teams had less fans than the Steelers.
    Now, perhaps he should have been clearer on what he meant...but, almost all of the responses are appropriate to that statement...

  7. #37
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,063
    There's no reason to post this thread on a Steelers msg board other than to call out the fans. What point could it possibly serve? There's a lot more to a fan base than who attends a game on Sunday. And DBR... most certainly called out the fan base for being lame. I simply pointed out that based on numerous factors the Steelers were deemed the second best fan base in the NFL.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Way to completely ignore the ticket giveaways that skew Jacksonville's attendance figures.
    Meanwhile, Steelers season ticket holders who didn't want to go couldn't give their tickets away. In other words, a bunch of supposedly hard-core, die-hard, badass Steeler fans didn't even want to go for free. Spoiled ****ing rotten brats.


    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    The huge population of Orlando is within two hours from Jax.
    And one hour from Tampa. In fact, the Orlando DMA has been designated a secondary TV market for the Buccaneers.


    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    You say Miami is a joke of a sports town but you don't think it's funny that by Thursday of every week during the season, Jax is scrambling to avoid another TV blackout?
    Not at all, but you seem to be implying that fair-weather Steeler fans somehow deserve more respect for wasting money on tickets that they might not even use. Jaguar fans might be fickle, but at least they don't blow hundreds (or thousands) of dollars in the process.


    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Of the other franchises you mentioned, only one has to contend with bad weather in the second half of the season. There's some more perspective for you.
    OK, let's look at other teams that play in ****ty weather:


    106.9% - Green Bay
    102.3% - Philadelphia
    101.8% - Seattle
    101.4% - Chicago
    100.2% - Baltimore
    100.0% - New England
    97.3% - Cleveland
    97.1% - New York Giants
    96.6% - Cincinnati
    93.3% - New York Jets
    90.7% - Buffalo
    88.2% - Pittsburgh
    84.2% - Washington


    The Packers finished half a game better than the Steelers last season but still had standing room only at Lambeau Field. The Ravens finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs just like the Steelers, but M&T Bank Stadium was full anyway. The Browns have been a joke for 15 years, but empty seats are scarce at FirstEnergy Stadium. The Bills haven't made the playoffs this century, but a higher percentage of the seats at Ralph Wilson Stadium still had asses in them on Sundays than the Steelers had at Heinz Field. All four of those stadiums have larger capacities than Heinz Field, and only Soldier Field in Chicago has a smaller capacity on the list above.

    ****ty weather is a ****ty excuse used by ****ty fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    And yet Forbes still ranked the Steelers Franchise 17 spots ahead of the Jags in terms of overall value.
    Awesome. Too bad we're talking about attendance at games instead of the value of each team.
    Last edited by DBR96A; 05-20-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    If you own a ticket to any home game and don't plan on attending I'm more than willing to take it off your hands free of charge.
    Yeah, I'll bet there are a lot of us who would agree with that sentiment!

  10. #40
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    where did he say they were a better fan base and organization?
    the man simply posted a fact that jacksonville had a higher attendance than the steelers.

    you guys are adding all kinds of BS to prove him wrong on something he never said. he never said they always sell out, dont give tickets away, have more jags bars, get lots of primetime games, have a nationwide following, that you can get steelers season tickets whenever you want to. etc etc.

    It's because sick beats is acting like he uncovered some secret....

    but the reality is he is the last one to know about this and he also threw in another dig at the season ticket waiting list.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •