Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jags take so much crap for attendance....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    well?.......
    Well what, you douche. No one besides you and a$$ clown beats gives a F about attendance. It doesn't tell anyone anything. The NFL loves the Steelers and knows they bring huge ratings. They are considered a keystone franchise. Forbes rated the fan base the second in the NFL based on a multitude of criteria including attendance.

If the Jags want to spend their own money to give away thousands of tickets each week for some fictional attendance "wins", who cares. They continue to be a bad franchise and losers. Why we are even talking about them is beyond me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    Actually, the Steelers were still alive for a playoff spot going into the last game of the season -- and Heinz Field was half empty. What will it look like if going into the last game of a season and the Steelers have a 5-10 record? And you can bet that the numbers of Steelers fans at road games will also significantly diminish when their record goes south. We Steelers fans are really no different than fans of other teams, its just that our team has had a lot more success than most.
    What percentage of the seats are bought and paid for?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    What percentage of the seats are bought and paid for?
    Says a guy who doesn't have season tickets. If the Steelers play like the Browns or the Jags for a couple of years, you won't be able to say that because people will give up their season tickets. It happened with the Steelers in the early 90's, but they weren't real bad and it didn't take long for them to start winning again. Frankly, I'm beginning to think that I would be better off giving up the season tickets and just choosing the games I want to go to and buying the tickets at stubhub, ebay, NFL ticket exchange. It would save me having to shell out through the nose for two worthless preseason games every year. And if I feel like going to a meaningless game at the end of the season, I can be the guy paying $25 for $90 tickets.
    Last edited by ter1230_4; 05-20-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    well?.......
    Did you know that the Steelers could only afford to put the logo on one side of the helmet....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well what, you douche. No one besides you and a$$ clown beats gives a F about attendance. It doesn't tell anyone anything. The NFL loves the Steelers and knows they bring huge ratings. They are considered a keystone franchise. Forbes rated the fan base the second in the NFL based on a multitude of criteria including attendance.

If the Jags want to spend their own money to give away thousands of tickets each week for some fictional attendance "wins", who cares. They continue to be a bad franchise and losers. Why we are even talking about them is beyond me.
    Its time to stop feeding the trolls

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nobody denies that winning plays a big part in attendance in the vast majority of cities. In any sport. So why make a big deal out of that? The Steelers didn't have a waiting list for season tickets until the '70s. The Pirates' attendance has increased over the past couple of years because their record has improved. That simply tells me that the interest and affection for the team was always there, just waiting for a reason to burst out. If the St. Louis Cardinals went on a string of losing seasons, you think their attendance wouldn't fall off? Of course it would. But the fans would still be watching on TV and tuned in by radio. It would still be a baseball town.

Same with the Steelers. To us, an 8-8 season is a bad year. Two in a row is a catastrophe. But the interest in the team remains at a high level. You can see it in forums like this and the comment sections of the newspapers. There are still Steeler bars all over the country and overseas. You can go to New York City and find a choice of Steeler bars. Let me know if you find even one Jaguars bar there.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 05-21-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Name that movie:

Peter: "Do we know any coke dealers?"

Michael: "My cousin's a coke head."
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Says a guy who doesn't have season tickets. If the Steelers play like the Browns or the Jags for a couple of years, you won't be able to say that because people will give up their season tickets. It happened with the Steelers in the early 90's, but they weren't real bad and it didn't take long for them to start winning again. Frankly, I'm beginning to think that I would be better off giving up the season tickets and just choosing the games I want to go to and buying the tickets at stubhub, ebay, NFL ticket exchange. It would save me having to shell out through the nose for two worthless preseason games every year. And if I feel like going to a meaningless game at the end of the season, I can be the guy paying $25 for $90 tickets.
    The fans on the season ticket waiting list support your idea of giving up your season tickets.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Name that movie:

Peter: "Do we know any coke dealers?"

Michael: "My cousin's a coke head."
    It's not that I'm lazy, it's that i just don't care...

Legend

User Info Menu

You are right, I don't have season tickets like you. The day you give yours up, will it be easier for me to buy a Steeler season ticket or a Jaguar season ticket?

That my friend is the bottom line.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher