Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Days!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Who were the biggest backs RS faced last year, and what happened when they met head on? I have seen lots of vids of him slamming smaller players to the ground, but have yet to see what happened if he met a 235 lb back heading north and south. My guess is Pgh believes in today's game you need LBs who can cover, more than you need pluggers. The days of Kirkland (who could cover early in his career before he got 80 lbs overweight for the position), Earl Holmes and Vince Williams are over.
    He looked good against Montee Ball on the goal line against Wisconsin in 2012.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Who were the biggest backs RS faced last year, and what happened when they met head on? I have seen lots of vids of him slamming smaller players to the ground, but have yet to see what happened if he met a 235 lb back heading north and south. My guess is Pgh believes in today's game you need LBs who can cover, more than you need pluggers. The days of Kirkland (who could cover early in his career before he got 80 lbs overweight for the position), Earl Holmes and Vince Williams are over.
    Monte Ball?

His resume?

NCAA single season records
    Most touchdowns, season: 39 (2011)
    Most consecutive games with two or more touchdowns: 13 (2011)
    Most points scored by non-kicker: 236 (2011)

NCAA career records
    Most touchdowns: 83 (2009-2012)
    Most Rushing Touchdowns: 77 (2009-2012)

Big Ten single season records

Most touchdowns: 39 (2011)

Wisconsin single season records

Most touchdowns: 39 (2011)
    Most rushing touchdowns: 33 (2011)

Wisconsin career records

Highest average yards per rush: 5.56

Not quite 235 but he ain't tiny. Unstoppable, powerful back with huge thighs, behind a line of future NFL talent.

Take a look my friend at what Shazier does to him at the goal line. If you come away still saying he can't stop a power back that is just being a hater. Show me Mosley make a play like that.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0k9ZOn3BW4w
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-16-2014 at 05:12 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Basically, Dubs is talking out his azz. He knows best. Shazier doesn't beat people with power, he beats them with speed and slicing through blockers much like Troy....
    Really Shawn? Where did I say Shazier beats people with power? Maybe I am talking out my azz but you appear to be hearing out yours.

Here, before you try this next lame comeback...

From your girl Merriam-Webster

Full Definition of OVERPOWERING: exercising an irresistible influence : [URL="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/overwhelming"]overwhelming[/URL]
    over·pow·er·ing·lyadverb

Definition of overpowering (adj)

Bing Dictionary

• o·ver·pow·er·ing
    • [ ṑvər pówring ]
    • [URL="http://www.bing.com/th?id=AJ%252b5HP5DSXHS2lg100x100&pid=Dictionary"]
      [/URL]

• irresistible: impossible to resist or control
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 05-16-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

....so in a nut shell, if a guys is getting that many tackles and that many for loss, then it is he who is doing the overpowering.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just want to add that RS has to go up against 2 big backs and a super fast one all camp long which should help him get better everyday before the season even starts.

Rookie

User Info Menu

That Shazier vs. Montee Ball goal line play had me up out of my seat when I was watching that game...

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember from physics class that Force = Mass x Acceleration. Shazier may not be a big fatty, but he's bringing the force cause he accelerates like a mother humper.

I don't get the knocks against this guy really. Ryan is an athletic freak who also put up monster stats. He's like the best of both worlds. Most guys have one or the other.

Legend

User Info Menu

No need to cry Dubs. It's ok.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW Shazier hit a guy who left his feet. Great hit, no doubt but lets be real...blowing people up isn't his game. I think it's important to temper expectations so we don't get the Bustzier comments early. He will be a guy who will makes some really nice splash plays...make some ESPN highlight reels. He is also a guy who will get caught out of position, will get mauled by OG's and will miss some arm tackles early in his career. He has much to learn when it comes to discipline, play recognition, and playing with leveraged power. These are things Timmons also struggled with early in his career. Shazier is not as NFL ready as Mosley but has the higher ceiling.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I remember from physics class that Force = Mass x Acceleration. Shazier may not be a big fatty, but he's bringing the force cause he accelerates like a mother humper.

I don't get the knocks against this guy really. Ryan is an athletic freak who also put up monster stats. He's like the best of both worlds. Most guys have one or the other.
    Knocks? *shakes head* It's called a realistic scouting report based upon years of watching him play. It also agrees with professional scouting reports. You don't "get it" because you haven't studied his game. He is an amazing talent but raw in several areas. As fluid as he is, he hasn't shown a propensity to cover, hasn't shown ability to disengage blockers and is known for mental lapses in play recognition. These are realistic issues the Steelers must work on with him. I think he starts day 1...but it will be filled with growing pains.
    Trolls are people too.