Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: Happy Days!!!

  1. #41
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,085
    I keep wondering...if Shazier put on 25 pounds between season end and the combine (which I doubt) and was still able to run a 4.38 and nail the 3-cone drill, what difference does it make what he weighed before? He was obviously able to carry the weight. Good weight, bad weight, water weight, bollocks.

  2. #42
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,731
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I keep wondering...if Shazier put on 25 pounds between season end and the combine (which I doubt) and was still able to run a 4.38 and nail the 3-cone drill, what difference does it make what he weighed before? He was obviously able to carry the weight. Good weight, bad weight, water weight, bollocks.
    It doesn't. I find that actually a good thing in a way. Meaning he was very productive at 215. My concern is can get keep the weight on during the season?
    1.25 CB Eli Apple-DB-tOSU
    2.58 SS Vonn Bell-DB tOSU
    3.89 DT Javon Hargrave-SC State
    4.123 DE-Matt Judon-Grand Valley State
    6.220 RB-Tyler Erwin-San Jose State
    7.229 WR Geronimo Allison-Ilinois
    7.246 QB-Cody Kessler-USC

  3. #43
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,165
    Ryan Lazier
    Ryan Chase Here
    Speed Bump
    Water Skis
    Hot Pursuit
    Jr. Linebacker
    and my favorite.....
    Run-Around Sue
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  4. #44
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It doesn't. I find that actually a good thing in a way. Meaning he was very productive at 215. My concern is can get keep the weight on during the season?
    He was able to put on rock solid weight for the combine. Dude is what, 21? It ain't no problem ADDING good weight at that age never mind just maintaining it. It is a science. Timmons was his size when drafted AND HE AINT CLOSE TO 230 now. Look at JH. Smith, and Keisel put on much muscle WHILE PLAYING. Most players add weight not lose it (Farrior who LIKED playing at a lighter weight was an exception.)

    Its not like Woodley who got fat and played his way into shape losing fat throughout the season.

    Shazier gained the weight and is SHREDDED. Just because he was smaller before does not mean he will go back. As long and he keeps up his routine, why expect that he shrinks back to last years weight? Guys who bulk up with solid muscle rarely have a problem keeping it. (Unless they were on the juice and stop )

    So like you said "it is a good thing" don't worry that he can't keep the weight. He will likely keep growing.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-19-2014 at 11:03 PM.

  5. #45
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,263
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Ryan Lazier
    Ryan Chase Here
    Speed Bump
    Water Skis
    Hot Pursuit
    Jr. Linebacker
    and my favorite.....
    Run-Around Sue
    I think Lazier could stick...

    And for that matter, if Stephon balloons up like Casey, he will be a Round Tuitt.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,734
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think Lazier could stick...

    And for that matter, if Stephon balloons up like Casey, he will be a Round Tuitt.
    I think Ryan "Brassiere" seems most fitting for a bust.

  7. #47
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,263
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Ryan "Brassiere" seems most fitting for a bust.
    Bro! Manzier! Bro! Manzier!


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  8. #48
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,731
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Ryan "Brassiere" seems most fitting for a bust.
    Nice...I like it!
    1.25 CB Eli Apple-DB-tOSU
    2.58 SS Vonn Bell-DB tOSU
    3.89 DT Javon Hargrave-SC State
    4.123 DE-Matt Judon-Grand Valley State
    6.220 RB-Tyler Erwin-San Jose State
    7.229 WR Geronimo Allison-Ilinois
    7.246 QB-Cody Kessler-USC

  9. #49
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Nice...I like it!
    Yeah, based on the flippy logic, we can just circle right back to your original Bustier, since a bustier is worn over a bust. :P


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  10. #50
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, based on the flippy logic, we can just circle right back to your original Bustier, since a bustier is worn over a bust. :P
    Heck that came to mind before I saw Flippys post. Shawn was that not an intentional play on words?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •