Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Days!!!

I think bleacher report has one of the better scouting reports out there on Shazier. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-and-breakdown

Hall of Famer
    I agree with those that suggest Shazier is Troy-ish. Light guy, speedy on his feet but will not knock anyone senseless with the tackle. Coaches today value the pass coverage more than run stuffing.

Of course, the Steelers hope to take advantage of defenses with a 1-2 pound and ground combo of Bell and Blount.

Shazier highlights vs Clemson in Bowl Game just a few months ago......What do you think? 1st rounder?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Knocks? *shakes head* It's called a realistic scouting report based upon years of watching him play. It also agrees with professional scouting reports. You don't "get it" because you haven't studied his game. He is an amazing talent but raw in several areas. As fluid as he is, he hasn't shown a propensity to cover, hasn't shown ability to disengage blockers and is known for mental lapses in play recognition. These are realistic issues the Steelers must work on with him. I think he starts day 1...but it will be filled with growing pains.
    Sorry, I guess I should have said I don't get the "realistic scouting reports based upon years of watching him play".

This is all a guess. And it's easy to say every guy needs to develop cause they all do. Every negative that's said about Shazier could be said about nearly every guy that comes out of college.

Despite what all the scouting reports say and all the "realistic" thoughts folks have, the Steelers selected him in the first round. That's really the only fact about Shazier we know for sure. Everything else is a guess.

Besides, I'm more interested in your take than a pro scouting report. You've watched all the games and they probably haven't. And they're just in it for the money. You're just in it for PS.com's collectively benefit and enjoyment, so I trust you more.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Shazier highlights vs Clemson in Bowl Game just a few months ago......What do you think? 1st rounder?
    Yep.........

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yep.........
    Based on that tape? I would love to hear your break down because that was not a good game for Shazier. When he faced elite talent he folded up like a lawn chair. Everything I have spoken about with Shazier you can see on that tape. Missed tackles, gave up a big run at about the 40 second mark, Watkins about putting him on his back, getting lost in the trash. I will say it again Shazier is not as NFL ready as Mosley, and will have much learning to do in order to be effective at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Sorry, I guess I should have said I don't get the "realistic scouting reports based upon years of watching him play".

This is all a guess. And it's easy to say every guy needs to develop cause they all do. Every negative that's said about Shazier could be said about nearly every guy that comes out of college.

Despite what all the scouting reports say and all the "realistic" thoughts folks have, the Steelers selected him in the first round. That's really the only fact about Shazier we know for sure. Everything else is a guess.

Besides, I'm more interested in your take than a pro scouting report. You've watched all the games and they probably haven't. And they're just in it for the money. You're just in it for PS.com's collectively benefit and enjoyment, so I trust you more.
    I would highly disagree because if it's all a guess then why even have scouts. There is a science to scouting and that is why scouts tend to be good at what they do. The deficiencies in Shaziers game are very real...just check out the video above and see for yourself. Is he first round worthy? I believe so based upon his upside but not based on his current game. Yes based on his physical tools but not on his polish.

M Bryant looks more impressive than Shazier from that tape, but I also seen a player that didn't have much help up front either. Even Ray in his prime would look awful with that help. Reminded me years ago when Ray played in a 4-3 before going back to a 3-4.

Based on that tape? I would love to hear your break down because that was not a good game for Shazier. When he faced elite talent he folded up like a lawn chair. Everything I have spoken about with Shazier you can see on that tape. Missed tackles, gave up a big run at about the 40 second mark, Watkins about putting him on his back, getting lost in the trash. I will say it again Shazier is not as NFL ready as Mosley, and will have much learning to do in order to be effective at the next level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    M Bryant looks more impressive than Shazier from that tape, but I also seen a player that didn't have much help up front either. Even Ray in his prime would look awful with that help. Reminded me years ago when Ray played in a 4-3 before going back to a 3-4.
    I put these quotes together for a reason...

It sure seemed like Dan Krieder pancaked Ray Lewis on a pretty regular basis...

But, somehow, Lewis will end up a 1st ballot HoFer...

"Folded up like a lawn chair"? You exaggerate...

He runs Sammy Watkins out of bounds a few times, most notably at 2:23...runs Tahj Boyd out of bounds at 4:10...I mention those two plays because if Shazier isn't there, they are probably TDs...

He also peels off a block and stops Boyd at the goalline at 7:04...

Did he make every play? No...

Does anyone? No...

Legend
    I guess the Steelers disagree with your assessment. They drafted him so we'll see how he does going forward.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!