Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is NOT America!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    So, allowing anyone of any flavor, into the mainstream of this nation, means that I have to watch very gross stuff on TV, or I'm a hater? No thanks. Men doing such things with men is just gross. I won't hate on them or deny them access, but I will not think I'm more enlightened because I want it to happen. I don't. It's gross.

Quit putting it on TV.
    You have every right to turn it off...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Shawn, where did he trash the Gay population ? Just by tweeting the word " Horrible " ? C'mon man. Look I understand the pulse of the nation now as it goes to political correctness. But to me it is a double-standard in our country. I mean the Eagles WR gets fined and suspended and forced into sensativity classes for saying the " N " word...totally away from his job, meanning the Eagles facility or during Training camp. And yes, I see videos of MANY Black players uttering that same " N " word without Impunity...and they get nothing...squat...no fine, no suspension. And my question is why ?...because they themselves are Black, and are saying it to other Blacks ?.....That is absolute total BS!!

No Black person has ANYMORE right to say the " N " word then any WHITE person, Asian person, Native American person, ect.
    And in this case with " Sam "...the NFL wanted it to be a Benchmark for their league that they weren't gonna allow ANYONE to say anything can be even remotely negative towards it. Okay I get that part. Nobody chime in with any political or relegious rants as to why having a openly Gay person in the NFL is wrong. But Jones didn't do either of those things. He just commented on the fact of two people, be they two men, two women, or a man and a womam constantly kissing one another on national TV.

Look, I don't think any of you guys here are against Gays, but honestly, if you had your kids say at a public store, or a park, and you all saw two men openly kissing...just like a man and a woman would be kissing..nothing too erotic, so nothing Illegal...but still is was wide open for everyone to see, like your kids...you have to admit it may bother some of you. Not all of you but some here.

So, once home, you send out a personal tweet saying how you thought that was Inappropriate...and some how that gets back to your Boss, and you didn't know this about him but, he is a Gay man...and he FIRES you for it ? Sorry folks but that IS Illegal. And would be a Mother Falking Lawsuit against your Bosses business.

My bottom line is Jones didn't tweet anything egregious per se. It's just the NFL doesn't even want the most miniscule reason for the Gay community to think that they, or their players are against this. I am not Anti-Gay...but I would have a problem of open affection in a public park, or store with it. And that goes for a man and a woman as well. And if I by chance happen to convey my disapprovel towards it. I don't wanna be fearful that the " Nazi " PC department is gonna bash down my door, and fine or suspend me from my Job.

I respect EVERYONES opinion here, and your RIGHT to disagree with me here. And rest assured...I will NOT be forwarding any of your retorts to your Bosses or anyone else.
    Why doesn't the "right of free expression" apply to gay people who want to kiss their respective significant others?

Starter

User Info Menu

So, allowing anyone of any flavor, into the mainstream of this nation, means that I have to watch very gross stuff on TV, or I'm a hater? No thanks. Men doing such things with men is just gross. I won't hate on them or deny them access, but I will not think I'm more enlightened because I want it to happen. I don't. It's gross.

Quit putting it on TV.
    I don't much like it either,but nobody is forcing you to do anything. You can always turn the channel,or turn the T.V off

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quit putting it on TV.
    No different than what Tebow was always doing, that also offended a lot of people. Turn it off if you don't like it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Why doesn't the "right of free expression" apply to gay people who want to kiss their respective significant others?

I am not saying Michael Sam can't do that. What I am saying is why do the Live TV cameras have to constantly show it ? I mean there are restraints, aren't there ? I mean you don't think there would be a huge backlash against a network covering a warzone, and they show live shots of dead, totally torn apart soldiers on live TV ? And if a person should publically tweet that say CNN was wrong for doing that...and I tweet that totally away from my work place, but yet my Boss reads it, and on Monday suspends or fires me cause he is totally for showing it ?

No sir, your analogy is totally not related.

Legend

User Info Menu

I did turn the TV channel off. Back to the history channel.

My complaint is that I can't even watch football stuff anymore. It's all propaganda time instead. Leave the social engineering stuff out of it. Just do football.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

I called the NFL League office and told them my feelings on the matter. I suggest you all do the same. They will give you a time to record your message for Roger.
    212-450-2000

Starter

User Info Menu

I did turn the TV channel off. Back to the history channel.

My complaint is that I can't even watch football stuff anymore. It's all propaganda time instead. Leave the social engineering stuff out of it. Just do football.
    I totally get that. I don't want a civic leason,I just want some football.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Okay, so somebody has to be the bad guy here, I mean besides " Sick beats " ( Just kidding )....but, this is NOT the America I remember. And it is not the America I put my life on the line for either. I understand that he should have maybe known better, and that he may have been called out publically. But, to be fines and suspended for just conveying ones OPINIONS is...well...NOY AMERICAN!!

[URL]https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/dolphins-fine-and-suspend-player-for-tweeting-negative-comment-about-michael-sam-025704270.html[/URL]

If you really think our government has always stood for completely free speech, you are ignorant and blind. Southern african americans had no protected speech in the early 20th century (hell, they didn't have equal rights). Thousands have been imprisoned for simply uttering anything remotely communist or even speaking to a communist. Members of our military were and are rarely able to express their contrary opinions without imprisonment, marginalization, and/or court marshal.

This is a wonderful country. But, truly free speech is an ideal that we have never attained. We have improved and complicated this issue with expections over the years, but free speech today is about as good as it ever was and is certainly better protected than it was in the 1950s.

Finally, a company (with certain exceptions), can fine, suspend, or dismiss you for actions or speech in or about the workplace. Employment contracts these days hold employees responsible for most anything that would create a hostile work environment.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

Michael Sam is not horrible, not a disgrace....Good for him to get drafted. All of your hard work has paid off.

Homosexuality is a disgrace. It is a perversion and it sickens straight men and families for a reason! The act of the sin is what's detestable!
    The NFL should be
    ashamed of themselves.