Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: This is NOT America!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Anyone who thinks Tebow wasn't scorned and mocked for being Christian (and openly professing it, much like Sam was flaunting his sexual preference with the kissy-licky face episode Saturday night) wasn't reading the same articles, blogs and forums that I saw. And if he wasn't being ridiculed, he was being told "keep it to yourself".

By the way, I am not a Christian and have not been to church for 40 years except for weddings and funerals. But I can see.
    Yeah, I highly doubt we consult the same internet blogs and forums.

I think you know quite well what my point was. In a country of several hundred million adults, most with access to internet, including access to the blogs and forums you mentioned, you will always be able to find someone who is for or against practically any conceivable idea for any conceivable reason there is. The overwhelming amount and substance of reporting on Tebow was not scorning his showy style of faith, but reporting and commenting on the alleged scorn of it. Once comment on how silly Tebow looks praying, balloons/snowballs to a dozen mainstream media outlets launching articles with the usual rhetorical headlines about an issue that never was. Some networks scour the internet for the one comment to fit the article/agenda they have already written and want to promote, maybe you know what I'm talking about........

Pro Bowler
    I'm saddened but the level of hatred and intolerance in this thread. Wow. Not expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm saddened but the level of hatred and intolerance in this thread. Wow. Not expected.
    Indeed, Ghost.

So many issues in the world and people are up in arms over a kiss. Are people's lives really THAT fragile that they get all butt hurt over this?

Pro Bowler
    Sadly, I expected this. I'm pleased that there are folks from the tolerant side up in here trying to debate. I fear it's pointless, but it's good to know that others feel the same way.

The only disgusting part of all of this is the coverage. They know it'll whip folks into a frenzy and those frenzied folks will click links. This is a nonstory. A couple kissed on TV. There are way way worse things happening near everyone of us right now.

Then you must not be a Yinzer because I'm not the least bit surprised by anything I've read so far.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Except for one little thing my friend...Jones NEVER tweeted a Homophobic remark. All he tweeted was the word " Horrible ":when asked about the constant showing of affection between the two of them. in case you missed it, Jones Immediately replied it had nothing to do that they were both men. He tweeted to his friend that he would think it was equally horrible if it were a Man and a woman. So where exactly is the Homophobic remark that you are spewing about ?
    And you believe that, huh.
    You believe that if it was just a young (straight) man and his girl friend, Don Jones would've objected just the same.

Pro Bowler
    This is America and Sam proves what it's all about, Freedom. People also have freedom of religion but need to quit using that freedom to persecute others on the way they want to live their lives or who they want to love

And here is an honest assessment of the MRC itself:

http://www.cjr.org/behind_the_news/p...e.php?page=all

MRC could do some real good. Thereís a need for a serious critique of specific instances of liberal bias in the media, just as there is for instances of conservative bias. But because MRC is so insistent on pushing its overreaching and not-so-hidden ideological agenda, reasonable people have a hard time taking it seriously, even when the organization has a legitimate point to make.

Thatís because, at its heart, MRC doesnít exist to make the media better ó itís just one part of a wider movement by the far right to demonize corporate media. To some degree, that movement is not surprising, given that many on the right justifiably feel that a largely secular, blue-state media establishment doesnít effectively serve their interests.

But that same movement also reflects a determination to convince Americans that news needs to be strained through an ideological filter that makes the facts themselves something to be debated. MRC, which has a $6 million annual budget, is funded by a number of right-wing foundations primarily interested in pushing conservative ideology, not in building a more honest media. It attacks the so-called MSM both because its backers have legitimate grievances with the establishment press and because those self-same backers want Americans to turn toward news outlets that wonít muddy their message with inconvenient context or dissenting voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And here is an honest assessment of the MRC itself:

http://www.cjr.org/behind_the_news/p...e.php?page=all
    Are you saying the quotes cited in the articles I linked to aren't accurate? In those particular articles, the words of the reporters themselves make the case.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 05-13-2014 at 12:01 PM.