Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This is NOT America!!

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    "Liberal media" is a myth...nearly all mainstream media conglomerates are capitalist, existing to make money through selling advertising space to sponsors...

The only kind of "social engineering" that the media engages in is attempting to gain viewership (or circulation, website clicks, etc.) by sensationalizing the news...

They put footage of Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend because they know that people will either watch it or complain about it a few days later...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    "Liberal media" is a myth...nearly all mainstream media conglomerates are capitalist, existing to make money through selling advertising space to sponsors...

The only kind of "social engineering" that the media engages in is attempting to gain viewership (or circulation, website clicks, etc.) by sensationalizing the news...

They put footage of Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend because they know that people will either watch it or complain about it a few days later...
    Takes you back to the Howard Stern movie...(quoted from memory, accuracy not likely but the idea will get through)

Analyst: "The average Howard Stern fan listens on average 3.5 hours a day, reason most commonly given...they want to hear what he'll say next"

Station Manager: "What about those who don't like him?"

Analyst: "Yes...those who don't like him listen on average for 3 hours and 50 minutes"

Station Manager: "3 hours and 50 minutes!!! Why are they listening for so long if they don't like him???"

Analyst: "Reason most commonly given...they want to hear what he'll say next."

Sorry, steelblood, but one does not have to be paranoid to notice the totalitarian tendencies of this administration. You do have to be rather naive to deny it.

Slapstick: Of course the media conglomerates are capitalists. You suggesting rich capitalists can't be liberal? Ever heard of the Kennedys, the Clintons, Algore, George Soros, Warren Buffett, Jon Corzine, 90% of Hollywood, and just about all the network suits and their anchors and reporters, including ESPN? Your contention that there is no liberal bias in the media is as hilarious as saying that there is no liberal bias in academia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The 1st amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I don't see anything in there that mentions freedom from consequence. People are so confused by the 1st amendment these days. Our Founding Fathers never intended this to be taken as say whatever you would like in any situation. This is strictly about the government taking action against an individual for what they said (and even today there are laws about certain things being said in certain situations).

At my company, they have a policy that says you can be fired for speaking negatively against them on Facebook, twitter, chat rooms, etc. And they should. I don't have to work here if I don't like it. Donald Sterling had every right to say what he said on the phone just as the NBA has ever right to protect it's brand and say we won't be associated with that type of hate speech. Try walking into a school or an airport and mention having guns (1st and 2nd amendments) and see what happens.

Any talk of the 1st amendment in terms of what a private company may do with that speech is spouting nonsense.
    Thank you, Ghost. One of my biggest pet peeves is people invoking "free speech" when there is no government involvement.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Sorry, steelblood, but one does not have to be paranoid to notice the totalitarian tendencies of this administration. You do have to be rather naive to deny it.

Slapstick: Of course the media conglomerates are capitalists. You suggesting rich capitalists can't be liberal? Ever heard of the Kennedys, the Clintons, Algore, George Soros, Warren Buffett, Jon Corzine, 90% of Hollywood, and just about all the network suits and their anchors and reporters, including ESPN? Your contention that there is no liberal bias in the media is as hilarious as saying that there is no liberal bias in academia.
    this administration? LOL...

you lose me when you say things like this.

This would have gone on regardless of who was in office.

The bats are pink, the gloves a pink, the jersey's are pink... why? mo money, mo money, mo money...

Rich capitalist aren't liberal or conservative... they are capitalist. PERIOD. The Lib vs Cons is something they use to keep the masses distracted while they pull money out of our pockets.

I can see they did a number on you with your rant. Typical talk radio/libertarian/conservative crap they feed one side... and they feed the other side the same crap.

It's like arguing Coke vs Pepsi...

For me the Sam kiss is blown out of proportion. It is all over the tv today. My 4 year old did not think a thing about the kiss. She was more concerned that he was crying. Anyway I also find this funny. There are MANY movies and TV shows with gay people kissing going on. Most time just happy pecks if you will and not full on erotic kissing. I have never heard as much outrage about it. Also as a dolphins player after every thing going on with the bullying issue you are still FREAKING DUMB ENOUGH to tweet ANYTHING that could be thought as derogatory deserves to be fined and suspended for being just plain old DUMB! The fins are on the hot seat an have to be squeaky clean! NOTHING going on over there at all. Why is common sense so hard in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    this administration? LOL...

you lose me when you say things like this.

This would have gone on regardless of who was in office.

The bats are pink, the gloves a pink, the jersey's are pink... why? mo money, mo money, mo money...

Rich capitalist aren't liberal or conservative... they are capitalist. PERIOD. The Lib vs Cons is something they use to keep the masses distracted while they pull money out of our pockets.

I can see they did a number on you with your rant. Typical talk radio/libertarian/conservative crap they feed one side... and they feed the other side the same crap.

It's like arguing Coke vs Pepsi...
    I could not have said it any better myself...

Pro Bowler
    Far worse than that, they can rip a team from an owner, because in a PRIVATE phone call ILLEGALLY taped, he was baited, endlessly, into stating his opinion that he preferred his girl friend not post photos of her on line with minorities. Is that totally cool? No. Should they be able to rip his team from him, even when he also stated that he loves minorities and they are "beautiful people?" And yet the league can go after him as if he is a Nazi who ran death camps? Does the guy probably prefer hanging with rich white guys? Sure. Do black players prefer to hang with brothers? Yea, but some how that is no crime. For whatever reason, a witch hunt targeted Sterling. All the media just went hey wire over those comments. This was a predetermined hit. He ticked the wrong people off about something and the witch hunt was set in motion. THAT is not the America we grew up in.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post

Democrats are for more government involvement and Republicans are for less. This is true. But, both are deeply parties current approaches are flawed and this two party rhetoric folks want to engage in is short sighted, stagnating and juvenile.

And, calling Obama a totalitarian or facist or nazi is simply channeling your inner Rush Limbaugh (who is a nut bar and a half). Why would Obama want such a government? People with term limits have no long term control. It simply doesn't follow. Besides, the administration can champion legislation. But, it goes nowhere without Congress. And if the people don't like it, Congress will eventual do away with it or find another way.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Far worse than that, they can rip a team from an owner, because in a PRIVATE phone call ILLEGALLY taped, he was baited, endlessly, into stating his opinion that he preferred his girl friend not post photos of her on line with minorities. Is that totally cool? No. Should they be able to rip his team from him, even when he also stated that he loves minorities and they are "beautiful people?" And yet the league can go after him as if he is a Nazi who ran death camps? Does the guy probably prefer hanging with rich white guys? Sure. Do black players prefer to hang with brothers? Yea, but some how that is no crime. For whatever reason, a witch hunt targeted Sterling. All the media just went hey wire over those comments. This was a predetermined hit. He ticked the wrong people off about something and the witch hunt was set in motion. THAT is not the America we grew up in.
    Dude,there is so much wrong with what you posted,I don't even know where to start. About the taped phone call..this is not a criminal case,so that doesn't apply,plus it has been reported that Sterling told her to record him because he "forgets things" As far as maling him sell the team....yes they can. The Clippers are a franchise under the NBA umbrella,just as McDonalds restaurants are under their corporation.There are guide lines that you have to follow. You can't put your own food items in a McDonalds you own,or paint the building purple. They make the rules,you break them,you can lose your business.