Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: This is NOT America!!

steelblood: I question your assertion that thousands of Americans have been imprisoned for saying things "remotely communist" or even for speaking to a communist. Hogwash. There were some folks who lost their jobs and less than a hundred (maybe a few dozen) directors, writers and actors in Hollywood were blacklisted for a time. But "imprisoned" by the thousands? No.

Yes, when you're in the military your freedom of speech is restricted as are many other things. It's the military, not a democracy.

Yes, the disciplining of the Miami player for a somewhat ambiguous tweet is technically not unconstitutional; it's being done by his employer, not the government. But it is being driven by a PC mob whose views happen to align with the current administration's views. It's not hard to imagine a government stepping in and doing what the mob wants done.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 05-12-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legend polamalu View Post
    Michael Sam is not horrible, not a disgrace....Good for him to get drafted. All of your hard work has paid off.

Homosexuality is a disgrace. It is a perversion and it sickens straight men and families for a reason! The act of the sin is what's detestable!
    The NFL should be
    ashamed of themselves.
    The NFL is a business that's trying to expand. They have seen what happens when any vocal dissent is allowed on this issue. Unfortunately, in this and many other areas, players are going to have to keep their own counsel- easier said than done for most guys in their 20's.

This could turn out to be the NFL's "jump the shark" moment.

Anyone who thinks Tebow wasn't scorned and mocked for being Christian (and openly professing it, much like Sam was flaunting his sexual preference with the kissy-licky face episode Saturday night) wasn't reading the same articles, blogs and forums that I saw. And if he wasn't being ridiculed, he was being told "keep it to yourself".

By the way, I am not a Christian and have not been to church for 40 years except for weddings and funerals. But I can see.

Nothing why would he? Its a great point. It's ok to poke at someones faith but not at their sexuality...per "the avant garde"

Not a free speech issue, but I agree with Jones' opinion. I turned off the telecast when I first saw they were going to kiss.

This IS America in the year 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    This IS the liberal media's social engineering of America in the year 2014.
    Fixed that for you.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

My bottom line is, being Gay has nothing to do with playing Football...so why, when you KNOW it's only going to cause National attention..why announce it ? And the NFL being so supportive with it is fine. But let me ask all you a question. We also have freedom of Relegion in this Country..right ?

And how many times have we seen after a game, the Star player being Interviewed on national TV start off by saying..." I would first like to say thanks to my Lord and savior Jesus Christ, or God "...and we think nothing of it. Nor have we ever heard the league ever say anything about it.

But lets say, after a game, Martavis Bryant just had 250 Yards receiving, and 4 TD's...and while he is being Interviewed on ESPN on Monday night football,,,Bryant starts off the Interview by saying..." First I would like to thank my Dark Lord and Master....Satan for giving me the power and the skills to do what I do ".....People, you would see that ESPN Reporter with her mouth wide open, and hear Crickets in the background.

And how much you wanna bet that that statement would be the national Headline on every single netowrk...sports or otherwise the next day ? How much you wanna bet Goodell would be all over Bryant, as well as the Rooney's...probably suspending him if not outright cutting him from the team ?

Now, Satanism is a KNOWN relegious faction in this country. Just as much as Christanity or anything else. And since there was nothing ever done when all those players thanks God/Jesus on Live TV...Shouldn't someone who is a Satanist have the SAME rights ?..and not be treated any differently ?

But, do you honestly think IF that happened, that Roger Goodell wouldn't do something to appease the masses ?

That is the very Double Standard that bothers me as a vet, and as a American!!

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Michael Sam is not horrible, not a disgrace....Good for him to get drafted. All of your hard work has paid off.

Homosexuality is a disgrace. It is a perversion and it sickens straight men and families for a reason! The act of the sin is what's detestable!
    The NFL should be
    ashamed of themselves.
    I feel the same way about intolerance...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    steelblood: I question your assertion that thousands of Americans have been imprisoned for saying things "remotely communist" or even for speaking to a communist. Hogwash. There were some folks who lost their jobs and less than a hundred (maybe a few dozen) directors, writers and actors in Hollywood were blacklisted for a time. But "imprisoned" by the thousands? No.

Yes, when you're in the military your freedom of speech is restricted as are many other things. It's the military, not a democracy.

Yes, the disciplining of the Miami player for a somewhat ambiguous tweet is technically not unconstitutional; it's being done by his employer, not the government. But it is being driven by a PC mob whose views happen to align with the current administration's views. It's not hard to imagine a government stepping in and doing what the mob wants done.
    Paragraph one....You are only looking at McCarthyism. But, our full history of imprisoning communists is a much longer and more involved one. During the cold war and specifically after Cuba became communist (and especially during the Bay of Pigs/ Cuban Missile Crisis). Thousands were detained in camps with high fences and barbed wire. Many were american citizens. Countless others were held for questioning because they were thought to be Russian, Cuban, or Chinese sympathizers or simple folks who housed or associated with known communists. Again, I'm not saying this was all wrong. But, it is an example of my point.

Paragraph two...Never said the military was a democracy. Just another example of highly restricted free speech by our government. And, that is an observation not a judgement.

Paragraph three... uh. ok. Not sure what that has to do with my point. But, your paranoia is duly noted.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.