Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is NOT America!!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Okay, so somebody has to be the bad guy here, I mean besides " Sick beats " ( Just kidding )....but, this is NOT the America I remember. And it is not the America I put my life on the line for either. I understand that he should have maybe known better, and that he may have been called out publically. But, to be fines and suspended for just conveying ones OPINIONS is...well...NOY AMERICAN!!

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...025704270.html
    Use your free speech and go tell your boss to go F him/herself and see what happens. Americans need to know what free speech really is.

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    Use your free speech and go tell your boss to go F him/herself and see what happens. Americans need to know what free speech really is.
    Exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    So what's going to happen to the FL State player who publicly noted that Sam is getting praised for being gay while Tebow was scorned (by all the avant garde) for being Christian? Re-education camp?
    Probably not...

But, Christians aren't persecuted in this country, despite what Fox News would have you believe...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Okay, so somebody has to be the bad guy here, I mean besides " Sick beats " ( Just kidding )....but, this is NOT the America I remember. And it is not the America I put my life on the line for either. I understand that he should have maybe known better, and that he may have been called out publically. But, to be fines and suspended for just conveying ones OPINIONS is...well...NOY AMERICAN!!

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...025704270.html
    Start mofoing people or verbally harassing people on the board and see what happens. You'll be banned. Then ask yourself were you banned because your free speech was taken away or because of board TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    So what's going to happen to the FL State player who publicly noted that Sam is getting praised for being gay while Tebow was scorned (by all the avant garde) for being Christian? Re-education camp?
    Tebow was never scorned by anyone. To the contrary, he made millions of media-celebrity dough, despite being a lousy QB who barely lasted in the league. It was merely reported that he was scorned, which is quite a different thing. The media started inventing news about 15-20 years ago, when they saw there was a massive market in the idiot demographic for stories that "affirm" what people wish was true. It's brilliant ($$$$$$$$$).

Pro Bowler
    The 1st amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I don't see anything in there that mentions freedom from consequence. People are so confused by the 1st amendment these days. Our Founding Fathers never intended this to be taken as say whatever you would like in any situation. This is strictly about the government taking action against an individual for what they said (and even today there are laws about certain things being said in certain situations).

At my company, they have a policy that says you can be fired for speaking negatively against them on Facebook, twitter, chat rooms, etc. And they should. I don't have to work here if I don't like it. Donald Sterling had every right to say what he said on the phone just as the NBA has ever right to protect it's brand and say we won't be associated with that type of hate speech. Try walking into a school or an airport and mention having guns (1st and 2nd amendments) and see what happens.

Any talk of the 1st amendment in terms of what a private company may do with that speech is spouting nonsense.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-12-2014 at 09:45 AM.

My family was sickened also by that display. I had to turn the tv off so my kids wouldn't see it.
    There I said it....FINE ME!

All I know is that we're living in strange times and the older I get the stranger the times keep getting.

So, allowing anyone of any flavor, into the mainstream of this nation, means that I have to watch very gross stuff on TV, or I'm a hater? No thanks. Men doing such things with men is just gross. I won't hate on them or deny them access, but I will not think I'm more enlightened because I want it to happen. I don't. It's gross.

Quit putting it on TV.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Exactly, if I get up on FB and start talking trash about the gay population I too would be suspended and most likely fired.

Shawn, where did he trash the Gay population ? Just by tweeting the word " Horrible " ? C'mon man. Look I understand the pulse of the nation now as it goes to political correctness. But to me it is a double-standard in our country. I mean the Eagles WR gets fined and suspended and forced into sensativity classes for saying the " N " word...totally away from his job, meanning the Eagles facility or during Training camp. And yes, I see videos of MANY Black players uttering that same " N " word without Impunity...and they get nothing...squat...no fine, no suspension. And my question is why ?...because they themselves are Black, and are saying it to other Blacks ?.....That is absolute total BS!!

No Black person has ANYMORE right to say the " N " word then any WHITE person, Asian person, Native American person, ect.
    And in this case with " Sam "...the NFL wanted it to be a Benchmark for their league that they weren't gonna allow ANYONE to say anything can be even remotely negative towards it. Okay I get that part. Nobody chime in with any political or relegious rants as to why having a openly Gay person in the NFL is wrong. But Jones didn't do either of those things. He just commented on the fact of two people, be they two men, two women, or a man and a womam constantly kissing one another on national TV.

Look, I don't think any of you guys here are against Gays, but honestly, if you had your kids say at a public store, or a park, and you all saw two men openly kissing...just like a man and a woman would be kissing..nothing too erotic, so nothing Illegal...but still is was wide open for everyone to see, like your kids...you have to admit it may bother some of you. Not all of you but some here.

So, once home, you send out a personal tweet saying how you thought that was Inappropriate...and some how that gets back to your Boss, and you didn't know this about him but, he is a Gay man...and he FIRES you for it ? Sorry folks but that IS Illegal. And would be a Mother Falking Lawsuit against your Bosses business.

My bottom line is Jones didn't tweet anything egregious per se. It's just the NFL doesn't even want the most miniscule reason for the Gay community to think that they, or their players are against this. I am not Anti-Gay...but I would have a problem of open affection in a public park, or store with it. And that goes for a man and a woman as well. And if I by chance happen to convey my disapprovel towards it. I don't wanna be fearful that the " Nazi " PC department is gonna bash down my door, and fine or suspend me from my Job.

I respect EVERYONES opinion here, and your RIGHT to disagree with me here. And rest assured...I will NOT be forwarding any of your retorts to your Bosses or anyone else.