Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This Draft was the culmination of the ineptitude of team Tomlin/Colbert.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    I would have been proactive. I would have traded up for Evans. (That kid has Hine's work ethic, heart and will with Plex's measurables) And used my remaining picks to land Tuitt, Pierre Desir, and Chris Borland.
    To trade up for Evans and still get Tuitt we would of needed to give up next years 1st round pick. I also liked Evans but hate the thought of not having a 1st next year. Desir went in the 4th round to the browns before our pick and Borland went in the 3rd round. To get both after Evans and Tuitt we woulda had to swing another trade giving up more picks.

I'm not sure I like your draft scenario better than what we actually got. In your scenario we get a better WR on paper, a weaker LB, the same DE, and the exact same CB prospect. In your scenario we lose our 1st round pick next year plus picks this year or next year to move up for Desir or Borland.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong, Shazier and Zumwalt are good football players and could possibly be stars on another team,....but they do not fit this organization at all. Richardson,...solid as well,...but his "chemistry" with this particular organization is exceptionally low.
    After re-reading these particular sentences, I was wondering if you would care to explain why the above players do not fit this organization, IYHO....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would have been proactive. I would have traded up for Evans. (That kid has Hine's work ethic, heart and will with Plex's measurables) And used my remaining picks to land Tuitt, Pierre Desir, and Chris Borland.
    Yes, a little pixie dust and I'm sure we could have pulled that one off.

We could have actually been more proactive, if those fools Tomlinson and Colbert would have realized they needed to lose their last several games to be able to land at 7 instead of the Bucs. I'm not sure how they can justify trying to earn a playoff spot over putting the team in better position to grab Evans. Those guys suck! I'm with you bro!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like I'll be expanding my ignore list.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey Rod, can you give me five stocks that will double by December? Shouldn't be a problem for a man of your predictive powers.

Nostra-Dumbass indeed.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've got no problem with people not liking the draft, or Tomlin & Colbert. I've only got a problem when people start telling us how right they are, and others are wrong, based on opinion. Everyone has opinions, all of them have some merit. Just deal with it.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Though Tuitt's impact will be the lone considerable "bright spot" if you will. Don't get me wrong, Shazier and Zumwalt are good football players and could possibly be stars on another team,....but they do not fit this organization at all. Richardson,...solid as well,...but his "chemistry" with this particular organization is exceptionally low. Bryant and Archer,...ridiculous.

Bottom line,....in 7 rounds they drafted one player that will be anything like the quality of the best best players we brought in before Tomlin arrived and we began drafting with a Quija Board a Magic 8 ball and Tomlin's and now Colberts ego's respectively.

Will rep this team until death as i have since childhood. However, i absolutely loathe Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert.
    How do Shazier and Zumwalt "not fit this organization"? And what about Shaq Richardson "doesn't fit our organization"?

Shazier is a fast, hard-hitting, son of a religious father. Zumwalt is a hell-bent, crazed, son-of-a-gun. Jack Lambert, Porter, Lloyd, Harrison, Olsavsky, Little, Nickerson... seems like another in a long line.

Legend

User Info Menu

i absolutely loathe Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert.
    is it possible that your dislike for Tomlin and Colbert could be clouding your judgement and biasing you against what seems like a very good draft for the Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I've got no problem with people not liking the draft, or Tomlin & Colbert. I've only got a problem when people start telling us how right they are, and others are wrong, based on opinion. Everyone has opinions, all of them have some merit. Just deal with it.
    you could be right but on the other hand maybe your wrong

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

A trade up for Evans means u can't get Tuitt OR Borland (who was gone before our 3rd round comp pick).
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington