Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Draft was the culmination of the ineptitude of team Tomlin/Colbert.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    A trade up for Evans means u can't get Tuitt OR Borland (who was gone before our 3rd round comp pick).
    what are you trying to do, introduce logic to this discussion?

Backup

User Info Menu

So,..... three years from now when NO player of this draft class other than Tuitt is hardly relevant at all amongst their peers or exceptionally productive in terms of the standard of their position in regards to their aforementioned peers,.......who here will have the ballz to finally admit that this organization has been run into the ground regarding personnel since Coach Cowher retired ?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    So,..... three years from now when NO player of this draft class other than Tuitt is hardly relevant at all amongst their peers or exceptionally productive in terms of the standard of their position in regards to their aforementioned peers,.......who here will have the ballz to finally admit that this organization has been run into the ground regarding personnel since Coach Cowher retired ?
    I would have the "ballz"...but, I'm still waiting for an explanation regarding how Shazier, Richardson and Zumwalt don't "fit the organization"...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    I would have been proactive. I would have traded up for Evans. (That kid has Hine's work ethic, heart and will with Plex's measurables) And used my remaining picks to land Tuitt, Pierre Desir, and Chris Borland.
    It would have taken 1500 on value chart to move to 7 more if you wanted to go to 6 to get Evans but we wont go there and with our one being worth 1050 we would have had to at least traded our second (value 450) so can you explain how YOU could get Evans and Tuitt without a 2nd round pick? Don't forget we can't trade our 3rd round comp pick valued at only apx 114.
    Your statement just is not logical as the math does not add up.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    It would have taken 1500 on value chart to move to 7 more if you wanted to go to 6 to get Evans but we wont go there and with our one being worth 1050 we would have had to at least traded our second (value 450) so can you explain how YOU could get Evans and Tuitt without a 2nd round pick? Don't forget we can't trade our 3rd round comp pick valued at only apx 114.
    Your statement just is not logical as the math does not add up.
    We would have had to tap into the 2015 draft, like Buffalo did...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And that isn't happening in Pittsburgh, unless, it's for the next franchise quarterback after Ben. A quarterback is the only reason to mortgage the future drafts and you better be certain the QB is can't miss.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm NOT Dogging Evans but, to me, as big and as tall as he is, to me, he was just too passive. Yes he had great numbers on a High volume offensive team, but down the stretch, when it matted most, Evans disappeared. To me, he reminds me a bit of another Texas product...Roy Williams. A great player in college with great numbers. But I could even see it way back then...Roy just didn't have that Moxie, that Grit that I want a PRIME WR to have.

I wish him well though. But I think in 2 years or 3 Max, all these...we should have traded whatever to get Evans posters here will be eating a huge Humble sandwich when it is all said and done.

Starter

User Info Menu

I only check in here from time to time in the offseason but I swear there's been at least 3 other versions of Rod Polamalu on this forum. Same schtick, different screen name.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    I'm NOT Dogging Evans but, to me, as big and as tall as he is, to me, he was just too passive. Yes he had great numbers on a High volume offensive team, but down the stretch, when it matted most, Evans disappeared. To me, he reminds me a bit of another Texas product...Roy Williams. A great player in college with great numbers. But I could even see it way back then...Roy just didn't have that Moxie, that Grit that I want a PRIME WR to have.

I wish him well though. But I think in 2 years or 3 Max, all these...we should have traded whatever to get Evans posters here will be eating a huge Humble sandwich when it is all said and done.
    I was a big time Evans supporter on here, but not to the point that I would have been willing to give up a future #1 for like Buffalo did for Sammy Watkins. I wasn't even willing to give up this year's #2 to move up to get Evans. And since our 3rd round comp pick was untradeable, there is no combination of day 3 picks that would have been enough ammunition to get something like that done without mortgaging future picks. The only draft prospect in recent years that I would have been willing to sell off multiple picks in that draft as well as a future draft was Calvin Johnson. He had no holes in his game or character whatsoever and would have been worth it. I've had a few other draft mancrushes in years since, but no one has approach the level of Megatron for me.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Buffalo gave up their 2015 #1 and a sweetener. I like Evans and I understand Rod P's liking of him as well but is he worth 2 1's? I think we have to keep it real to a point.