Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Draft was the culmination of the ineptitude of team Tomlin/Colbert.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

This Draft was the culmination of the ineptitude of team Tomlin/Colbert.

Though Tuitt's impact will be the lone considerable "bright spot" if you will. Don't get me wrong, Shazier and Zumwalt are good football players and could possibly be stars on another team,....but they do not fit this organization at all. Richardson,...solid as well,...but his "chemistry" with this particular organization is exceptionally low. Bryant and Archer,...ridiculous.

Bottom line,....in 7 rounds they drafted one player that will be anything like the quality of the best best players we brought in before Tomlin arrived and we began drafting with a Quija Board a Magic 8 ball and Tomlin's and now Colberts ego's respectively.

Will rep this team until death as i have since childhood. However, i absolutely loathe Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert.
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 05-11-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

So otherwise, were you happy with this draft?

Backup

User Info Menu

" So otherwise, were you happy with this draft?"

lol,...yeah,... for the most part.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm not going to say I agree or disagree with your take on the outcome of the draft. I'm curious on what you think should have been picked in each round, that would have left you feeling better. Who do you think we shoulda took in each round given what was available when we picked?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isonator07 View Post
    I'm not going to say I agree or disagree with your take on the outcome of the draft. I'm curious on what you think should have been picked in each round, that would have left you feeling better. Who do you think we shoulda took in each round given what was available when we picked?
    I would have been proactive. I would have traded up for Evans. (That kid has Hine's work ethic, heart and will with Plex's measurables) And used my remaining picks to land Tuitt, Pierre Desir, and Chris Borland.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    I would have been proactive. I would have traded up for Evans. (That kid has Hine's work ethic, heart and will with Plex's measurables) And used my remaining picks to land Tuitt, Pierre Desir, and Chris Borland.
    To trade up for Evans and still get Tuitt we would of needed to give up next years 1st round pick. I also liked Evans but hate the thought of not having a 1st next year. Desir went in the 4th round to the browns before our pick and Borland went in the 3rd round. To get both after Evans and Tuitt we woulda had to swing another trade giving up more picks.

I'm not sure I like your draft scenario better than what we actually got. In your scenario we get a better WR on paper, a weaker LB, the same DE, and the exact same CB prospect. In your scenario we lose our 1st round pick next year plus picks this year or next year to move up for Desir or Borland.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isonator07 View Post
    To trade up for Evans and still get Tuitt we would of needed to give up next years 1st round pick. I also liked Evans but hate the thought of not having a 1st next year. Desir went in the 4th round to the browns before our pick and Borland went in the 3rd round. To get both after Evans and Tuitt we woulda had to swing another trade giving up more picks.

I'm not sure I like your draft scenario better than what we actually got. In your scenario we get a better WR on paper, a weaker LB, the same DE, and the exact same CB prospect. In your scenario we lose our 1st round pick next year plus picks this year or next year to move up for Desir or Borland.
    It would have been too expensive to move up for Evans. You can't mortgage your future that much. It isn't prudent at that juncture.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, a little pixie dust and I'm sure we could have pulled that one off.

We could have actually been more proactive, if those fools Tomlinson and Colbert would have realized they needed to lose their last several games to be able to land at 7 instead of the Bucs. I'm not sure how they can justify trying to earn a playoff spot over putting the team in better position to grab Evans. Those guys suck! I'm with you bro!!

Legend

User Info Menu

A trade up for Evans means u can't get Tuitt OR Borland (who was gone before our 3rd round comp pick).
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    A trade up for Evans means u can't get Tuitt OR Borland (who was gone before our 3rd round comp pick).
    what are you trying to do, introduce logic to this discussion?