Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Draft was the culmination of the ineptitude of team Tomlin/Colbert.

Backup

User Info Menu

This Draft was the culmination of the ineptitude of team Tomlin/Colbert.

Though Tuitt's impact will be the lone considerable "bright spot" if you will. Don't get me wrong, Shazier and Zumwalt are good football players and could possibly be stars on another team,....but they do not fit this organization at all. Richardson,...solid as well,...but his "chemistry" with this particular organization is exceptionally low. Bryant and Archer,...ridiculous.

Bottom line,....in 7 rounds they drafted one player that will be anything like the quality of the best best players we brought in before Tomlin arrived and we began drafting with a Quija Board a Magic 8 ball and Tomlin's and now Colberts ego's respectively.

Will rep this team until death as i have since childhood. However, i absolutely loathe Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert.
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 05-11-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

So otherwise, were you happy with this draft?

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm not going to say I agree or disagree with your take on the outcome of the draft. I'm curious on what you think should have been picked in each round, that would have left you feeling better. Who do you think we shoulda took in each round given what was available when we picked?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Though Tuitt's impact will be the lone considerable "bright spot" if you will. Don't get me wrong, Shazier and Zumwalt are good football players and could possibly be stars on another team,....but they do not fit this organization at all. Richardson,...solid as well,...but his "chemistry" with this particular organization is exceptionally low. Bryant and Archer,...ridiculous.

Bottom line,....in 7 rounds they drafted one player that will be anything like the quality of the best best players we brought in before Tomlin arrived and we began drafting with a Quija Board a Magic 8 ball and Tomlin's and now Colberts ego's respectively.

Will rep this team until death as i have since childhood. However, i absolutely loathe Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert.
    The troll is back

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    The troll is back
    I was thinking more along the lines of a song by Elton John...

Backup

User Info Menu

" So otherwise, were you happy with this draft?"

lol,...yeah,... for the most part.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i generally like all of the selections except for the McCullers pick, but even where they grabbed him seems like a low risk gamble so i cant complain too much. overall, the ceiling for this group is pretty high, IMO

we will know in 2-3 years where it falls with this class

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isonator07 View Post
    I'm not going to say I agree or disagree with your take on the outcome of the draft. I'm curious on what you think should have been picked in each round, that would have left you feeling better. Who do you think we shoulda took in each round given what was available when we picked?
    I would have been proactive. I would have traded up for Evans. (That kid has Hine's work ethic, heart and will with Plex's measurables) And used my remaining picks to land Tuitt, Pierre Desir, and Chris Borland.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    The troll is back
    Still upset that i correctly told you all well in advance the players that would flop to varying degrees, and they proceeded to do so sis ? lol

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Still upset that i correctly told you all well in advance the players that would flop to varying degrees, and they proceeded to do so sis ? lol
    Haha what? You're a real Nostra-dum-ass

I just think your M.O. is pretty telling. You show up around draft time to complain about Tomlin's ineptitude, criticize nearly every single pick (even the ones you like - Shazier, Zumwalt, Richardson, you say "don't fit the culture") What????

Then you disappear for awhile, only to pop back up again when the Steelers lose a few games (like the beginning of last season) complaining about Tomlin and bad drafting again. Then, magically when the team finishes 6-2, you miraculously stop posting/complaining.

So now at draft-time, the cycle begins again. Hakuna Matata. It's the circle of life.

I can never keep straight who you used to be. Steel Czar 76? Or was it someone else?