Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: This Draft was the culmination of the ineptitude of team Tomlin/Colbert.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Buffalo gave up their 2015 #1 and a sweetener. I like Evans and I understand Rod P's liking of him as well but is he worth 2 1's? I think we have to keep it real to a point.
    to them he may be... Buffalo is cold as hell and a big, fast, strong WR is exactly what they need for a young QB.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by isonator07 View Post
    To trade up for Evans and still get Tuitt we would of needed to give up next years 1st round pick. I also liked Evans but hate the thought of not having a 1st next year. Desir went in the 4th round to the browns before our pick and Borland went in the 3rd round. To get both after Evans and Tuitt we woulda had to swing another trade giving up more picks.

I'm not sure I like your draft scenario better than what we actually got. In your scenario we get a better WR on paper, a weaker LB, the same DE, and the exact same CB prospect. In your scenario we lose our 1st round pick next year plus picks this year or next year to move up for Desir or Borland.
    It would have been too expensive to move up for Evans. You can't mortgage your future that much. It isn't prudent at that juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    to them he may be... Buffalo is cold as hell and a big, fast, strong WR is exactly what they need for a young QB.
    Buffalo did it for Watkins..... this was about us giving up 2 1's or more for Evan's. I thinks highly of Evans but 2 1's plus a sweetener is a bit egregious.
    Last edited by Iron City Inc.; 05-14-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Pro Bowler
    This video is for anyone that wants to blame or give all the credit to one or two individuals within the organization.
    http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...c-838ddea184fa

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    So,..... three years from now when NO player of this draft class other than Tuitt is hardly relevant at all amongst their peers or exceptionally productive in terms of the standard of their position in regards to their aforementioned peers,.......who here will have the ballz to finally admit that this organization has been run into the ground regarding personnel since Coach Cowher retired ?

no one will, thats how this board operates.
    the 'real' fans have zero independent thought. once a player is cut or walks in FA, then they will proclaim he is no good or knew he was a bust all along
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    no one will, thats how this board operates.
    the 'real' fans have zero independent thought. once a player is cut or walks in FA, then they will proclaim he is no good or knew he was a bust all along
    If this board is so horrible, why torture yourself by continuing to participate?

I'm sure that plenty of other boards would love to have an "independent thinker" like you...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If this board is so horrible, why torture yourself by continuing to participate?

I'm sure that plenty of other boards would love to have an "independent thinker" like you...

there you go making up stuff again. i dont see anywhere where i said it was horrible but whatever gets you excited.
    i enjoy a handful of good posters and enjoy laughing at a few too
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

there you go making up stuff again. i dont see anywhere where i said it was horrible but whatever gets you excited.
    i enjoy a handful of good posters and enjoy laughing at a few too
    You were complaining...I didn't make anything up...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You were complaining...I didn't make anything up...

show me where i said it was horrible and i will leave this board forever, if you cant, you leave....deal?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

show me where i said it was horrible and i will leave this board forever, if you cant, you leave....deal?
    Why would I leave? I like planetsteelers...I don't complain about it...