Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    sorry shawn, but i dont buy that bryant is a 3 year project, that seems a little absurd

he gets a redshirt year, but i expect he will be in the mix by the begining of year 2.
    I have to agree, this is a little more like it. I d say he has a higher diva probability than bust probability.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

sorry shawn, but i dont buy that bryant is a 3 year project, that seems a little absurd

he gets a redshirt year, but i expect he will be in the mix by the begining of year 2.
    Based on what? His amazing college career? Teams passed up a 6 foot 4 guy who runs a 4.4 for a reason. That doesn't happen unless there are major deficiencies in his game. That screams project. Maybe the Steelers can get this guy to play up to his athletic gifts but I just don't see it happening any time soon. Too much to work on.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

2015 NFL Mock Draft

May 15, 2014.

Round 1) Pittsburgh Steelers: Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

The Steelers want to land a big receiver for Ben Roethlisberger. They took Martvais Bryant, but there's a reason he dropped all the way to the fourth round. The 2015 receiver class is a promising one, so Pittsburgh may decide to go wideout in the first round if Bryant doesn't do much.

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.php[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Based on what? His amazing college career? Teams passed up a 6 foot 4 guy who runs a 4.4 for a reason. That doesn't happen unless there are major deficiencies in his game. That screams project. Maybe the Steelers can get this guy to play up to his athletic gifts but I just don't see it happening any time soon. Too much to work on.
    you said a 3+ year project. thats what i find absurd

of course his game needs work, most WRs do coming out of college. you obviously dont think the guy will make it, no biggie. i feel the same about McCullers

time will tell

Legend

User Info Menu

you said a 3+ year project. thats what i find absurd

of course his game needs work, most WRs do coming out of college. you obviously dont think the guy will make it, no biggie. i feel the same about McCullers

time will tell
    Wouldn't be a first. I just don't see him being more than a redzone target period. But, if he does eventually start it will take him until his 3rd season to get it. My opinion.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Agreed. His game was suspect in college...suspect hands, production, route running, and work ethic. Just because someone looks good on paper doesn't mean they will all of a sudden bloom into Megatron. He is a 3 year project at minimum...and with that I would give him a 60%+ bust rate. At this stage in the game I would take Moye 10 games out of 10 to start. To be honest he is a poor man's Sweed.
    I agree that Bryant's game still needs significant work, but I'll still take Bryant 10 times out of 10 compared to Derek Moye. Moye's scrappy, but limited athletically, whereas Bryant could be a monster if he is able to put everything together. Just staple the kid to Antonio Brown, tell him to work like AB84 works, and watch him blossom eventually. For this year, though, it will be Brown as the flanker, Wheaton as the split end, and Moore in the slot, with Bryant learning. It shouldn't be a 3 year deal, though. At this time next year, we could be looking at Brown as the flanker, Bryant as the split end, and Wheaton in the slot. I don't see possible starting split end potential in Moye like I see in Bryant. If Moye ever had to start for us, something has gone horribly wrong.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

we drafted him in the fourth... why should we expect more than a 4th round talent in his first year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we drafted him in the fourth... why should we expect more than a 4th round talent in his first year?
    We shouldn't expect more than 4th round progress, only fans that don't like the pick or don't like him for some reason believe he should be working his way into the lineup ahead of any schedule for a 4th round pick.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I agree that Bryant's game still needs significant work, but I'll still take Bryant 10 times out of 10 compared to Derek Moye. Moye's scrappy, but limited athletically, whereas Bryant could be a monster if he is able to put everything together. Just staple the kid to Antonio Brown, tell him to work like AB84 works, and watch him blossom eventually. For this year, though, it will be Brown as the flanker, Wheaton as the split end, and Moore in the slot, with Bryant learning. It shouldn't be a 3 year deal, though. At this time next year, we could be looking at Brown as the flanker, Bryant as the split end, and Wheaton in the slot. I don't see possible starting split end potential in Moye like I see in Bryant. If Moye ever had to start for us, something has gone horribly wrong.
    I hear ya, and see where you are coming from. No doubt Bryant has a higher ceiling but man I love the way Moye plays the game. In every preseason game he was running like he was running for his life. He was determined, made plays and I loved the "scappiness" he displayed. My hope is Moye really steps up this season because honestly right now as they stand I believe him to be the better WR.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    We shouldn't expect more than 4th round progress, only fans that don't like the pick or don't like him for some reason believe he should be working his way into the lineup ahead of any schedule for a 4th round pick.

Pappy
    I think it's the Steelers who are setting that tone by talking about him being a future starter.
    Trolls are people too.