Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I have to call BS on this. You are trying to tell me that a guy coming out of college runs better routes than 2 NFL veteran receivers who are known for their ability to run routes. Sorry, but like I said, I'm calling Bull Sh!t on you.
    agreed.

especially with cotch and moore being recognized as very savvy players

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I have to call BS on this. You are trying to tell me that a guy coming out of college runs better routes than 2 NFL veteran receivers who are known for their ability to run routes. Sorry, but like I said, I'm calling Bull Sh!t on you.
    lol...its called an opinion. But, yes I think he runs better routes than many pro players.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    agreed.

especially with cotch and moore being recognized as very savvy players
    There is a difference in being "savvy" and running a crisp route. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or years of NFL experience to run a tight route. I suppose it's impossible for a college guy to have better hands or to be faster than a pro as well? Interesting.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2013/futures-jared-abbrederis-vs-bradley-roby[/URL] Abberderis will be one of the biggest steals in this draft.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

lol Ruthless...now my world is right.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    lol...its called an opinion. But, yes I think he runs better routes than many pro players.
    Of course it's an opinion. I'm just trying to determine how you came to that opinion. Moore and Cotchery are not the most athletic receivers but they have each lasted a number of years in the NFL. I think most would attribute that to their ability to run great routes and know how to get open.

Can a guy coming out of college be a better route runner than a pro? I'm sure that happens but not often and the guys that they run better routes than are probably very athletic. I don't know why you bring

I suppose it's impossible for a college guy to have better hands or to be faster than a pro as well?
    into the discussion. Of course a college guy can be faster or have better hands. That deals with their athleticism. Route running is a learned ability and improves with coaching and practice ... something that pros have an abundance of and college players don't.

So while I know its your opinion I don't see how you could arrive at it which is why I call BS. I haven't seen anything you've presented which supports your opinion that Abberderis is a better route runner than either Cotch or Moore. He might get there in the future but I can't see him besting them right now.

... and in case you don't know this is just my opinion ... which is generally what we spout on a message board.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

@MarkKaboly_Trib: Justin Brown a lot of first team reps with AB and Lance Moore. Nick Williams worked a little.

Legend

User Info Menu

While we are talking about Abbrederis, I can't believe that the Packers were able to draft Davante Adams AND Jared Abbrederis AND Jeff Janis. That sure eases the blow of losing Greg Jennings and James Jones (and possibly Jermichael Finley too). I really liked all 3 of those rookie wideout prospects, so if the Pack tried to sneak one of them onto their practice squad (since they do still have Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Jarrett Boykin as their top 3 WR's), I would swoop right in and add one to our 53 man roster.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike, you are certainly entitled to your opinion as well. But, running routes is sort of like running a 40. You can teach and improve some specifically in how to sit down in a zone and what not. Being able to dissect a defense and know where the softs spots are going to be. I agree Cotch and Moore both do that very well. But, I am talking about hip flexibility, the ability to sell a route, and agility. The way Abberderis runs and sells his routes is one of the best I have seen come out of college in recent years. He isn't as "savvy" of course as that calls for NFL experience. But, his natural ability to run a crisp route, to sell a fake is truly awesome to watch. He wasn't just noted by me (who said this months ago) but many scouts who said he was the most natural route runner in the draft.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    While we are talking about Abbrederis, I can't believe that the Packers were able to draft Davante Adams AND Jared Abbrederis AND Jeff Janis. That sure eases the blow of losing Greg Jennings and James Jones (and possibly Jermichael Finley too). I really liked all 3 of those rookie wideout prospects, so if the Pack tried to sneak one of them onto their practice squad (since they do still have Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Jarrett Boykin as their top 3 WR's), I would swoop right in and add one to our 53 man roster.
    All 3 of the guys I wanted the Steelers to draft. The Packers got some serious talent at the WR position in this draft.
    Trolls are people too.