Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I keep hearing about Moye's heart and his fight but he would have been on the field by now if it that was the case because he is a big target.

How does a kid this big go undrafted?
    I agree I don't see anymore grit or determination coming from moye than I see out of any of our other receivers.

I seen it in last preseason when he was fighting for a roster spot. I wonder if there any videos of him online...if so you could see what I am talking about.

Hall of Famer
    Have to do it in regular season games to separate yourself...That's the prize. When these guys look like the "next coming" in the preseason...You have to keep it in perspective. Many times they are doing it against guys who will be roofers come September. So Moye will get another shot. He still has PS eligibility left because he wasn't active for 9 games. Being a PSU guy...I'm hoping for the best. He just has a much steeper hill to climb this year to make the 53.

Steelers sign WR Martavis Bryant to four-year deal

The Steelers have high hopes for fourth-round pick Martavis Bryant. The team got the rookie wide receiver under contract on Monday, a source told FOXsports.com.

Bryant’s four-year deal is expected to be in the $2.6 million range.

With a 6-foot-4, 200-pound frame, Bryant offers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger a big target who can make plays in the red zone.

Depending on how quickly Bryant can adapt and learn offensive coordinator Todd Haley’s system, he could challenge second-year wide receiver Markus Wheaton for the starting split end position opposite Antonio Brown.

The Steelers inked first-round pick Ryan Shazier to a deal last week, but still need to sign former Notre Dame defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt and former Kent State running back Dri Archer.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...ar-deal-060914

Banned
    They say this kid could start, but then I read where Tomlin has to chew him out to finish out his plays with a sprint. He sounds pretty far off from starting material to me. I think Justin Brown will beat him out for playing time this season. This kid is too rough.

He's another Fred Gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    They say this kid could start, but then I read where Tomlin has to chew him out to finish out his plays with a sprint. He sounds pretty far off from starting material to me. I think Justin Brown will beat him out for playing time this season. This kid is too rough.
    You can't be this dense. Watch the video where Tomlin supposedly "chews him out". It's called coaching and is not even close to chewing someone out. Oh, and in that video, Bryant doesn't look any different running his route than say Lance Moore.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    If a coach is nitpicking you, it means he sees promise in you. If he thought you were just another Fred Gibson, he wouldn't bother wasting his breath.

He's not another Fred Gibson. Why because they where both picked in the 4th round. Really that's all you have.

Justin Brown may beat him out for playing time this season...but, that doesn't mean that Bryant won't be a good player...