Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    But you're hoping you're wrong. Aren't you, sick beats?
    As long as the best players are the ones playing, I don't care. Why would I?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You're a pure and true Steeler fan.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    True...I'd expect that label as well from several folks on this board and elsewhere. However, I'd much rather have a bust like Hines Ward getting 15-246-0 his rookie year than an impact rookie year like Troy Edwards getting 61-714-5 and then doing jack squat afterwards.

True fans understand that rookies need to be developed. Anything you get from a rookie during year one is gravy. You get in trouble when you absolutely NEED to have production from a rookie right off the bat. You can ruin a guy long term by expecting too much too early. I'd rather let a guy ripen properly than ending up with a green banana.

'true' fans claim that every pick is excellent and project hof, probowl , starter as soon as they are drafted. when they dont turn out that way, they change their tune and say you need to give them a few years to develop.
    dont believe me, go read the after draft comments
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have never seen or heard of any Steeler fan proclaiming that every pick is excellent, a budding hall of famer, a future pro bowler and a starter from day one. More like the opposite: Definitive statements are usually made by those bashing the pick. "He's a bum, has no chance to start, will be out of the league next year, what was Tomlin/Colbert/LeBeau thinking, yada, yada, yada."

Sure, I've seen optimism; I've seen hope; I've seen people saying they like the pick, etc., but not extravagant predictions such as you suggest.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I have never seen or heard of any Steeler fan proclaiming that every pick is excellent, a budding hall of famer, a future pro bowler and a starter from day one. More like the opposite: Definitive statements are usually made by those bashing the pick. "He's a bum, has no chance to start, will be out of the league next year, what was Tomlin/Colbert/LeBeau thinking, yada, yada, yada."

Sure, I've seen optimism; I've seen hope; I've seen people saying they like the pick, etc., but not extravagant predictions such as you suggest.
    Come on!!

We all know that saying, "This player could be good" = "Hall of Fame!!!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Come on!!

We all know that saying, "This player could be good" = "Hall of Fame!!!"
    why in the world would fans of the Steelers want drafted players to be HOFers?

I cant believe it, I will go and read a few threads about these draft picks and confront these fans who love this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    First I don't dislike moye but he is not stepping up into any kind of impact role with our offense. Second Bryant Is faster, more athletic, and has a much higher ceiling than moye, if they were planning on moye making an impact they would not of drafted Bryant. Bryant is just a more talented player than moye and his raw ability alone combined with his size puts him ahead of moye on the depth chart.
    He was also faster and more athletic than Hines Ward. Means little to me. Sweed would fit into that category as well.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He was also faster and more athletic than Hines Ward. Means little to me. Sweed would fit into that category as well.
    Yes, but Hines was a proven commodity and Moye is not, so, I would put Bryant ahead of Moye on ceiling alone and behind Hines because of production and performance, that's pretty easy. If it were Hines in his second year and Bryant in his first, you might put Bryant ahead of him on athletic ability, but would probably swap them as the competition for the position started.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

I can't trust your opinion on Bryant because of your love for Moye

I hope Moye develops into what you think he can be but I'm willing to wait and see vs declaring him a 3 year project. There is a reason we drafted another big WR and it's probably because we don't have faith in Brown, Moye and maybe Wheaton is in that group as well.

I'm hearing too much love for Bryant from non Steeler fans to believe he will be behind Moye and Brown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I can't trust your opinion on Bryant because of your love for Moye

I hope Moye develops into what you think he can be but I'm willing to wait and see vs declaring him a 3 year project. There is a reason we drafted another big WR and it's probably because we don't have faith in Brown, Moye and maybe Wheaton is in that group as well.

I'm hearing too much love for Bryant from non Steeler fans to believe he will be behind Moye and Brown.
    That is ok, don't need you to trust my opinion on anything. I'm not saying Moye is the next Stallworth but I like the kids heart and the way he plays the game. If that is wrong so be it.
    Trolls are people too.