Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I live in Charlotte, its about to get real interesting in the NFC South.
    The NFC S is schizophrenic. Who ever is in the cellar is the champ next year and vice versa. I still think Carolina could be a good team, even with glaring holes at WR. Of course, if Benji is real deal, that could alter things. Cotchery is decent if he is on field with a play maker. That D is really good.

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't consider Brown a complete WR when we drafted him.
    Really? How much film were you able to get your hands on? You were able to get enough to say he wasn't a complete college WR despite having 110 catches for almost 1500 yards and absolutely dominating the MAC? Interesting. I would love to hear what you felt he was lacking in college...to hear your game film break down of his skills.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Really? How much film were you able to get your hands on? You were able to get enough to say he wasn't a complete college WR despite having 110 catches for almost 1500 yards and absolutely dominating the MAC? Interesting. I would love to hear what you felt he was lacking in college...to hear your game film break down of his skills.
    Yup. Unlike Bryant, both Brown's and Sander's college stats were quite stellar.
    Last edited by Notleadpoisoned; 08-13-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I usually know a lot about most draft prospects, but Brown wasnt really on my radar and I didnt know much about him when they took him

Legend

User Info Menu

No film but I had a trusted inside source who used to see him play live.

My best friend's brother (Phil Zacharias) coached for Central Michigan. He told me about this guy named Antonio Brown who was a monster, said he was electric and made plays anytime he touched the ball.

He had a few concerns though...

1)his competition - it's still the MAC so it's not like he was facing the best of the best
    2)his route running.. he didn't have to run a full route tree because you could just throw him a slant or bubble and watch him go.
    3)his size

Legend

User Info Menu

No film but I had a trusted inside source who used to see him play live.

My best friend's brother (Phil Zacharias) coached for Central Michigan. He told me about this guy named Antonio Brown who was a monster, said he was electric and made plays anytime he touched the ball.

He had a few concerns though...

1)his competition - it's still the MAC so it's not like he was facing the best of the best
    2)his route running.. he didn't have to run a full route tree because you could just throw him a slant or bubble and watch him go.
    3)his size
    Understood. I don't include height as a part of the whole "complete college WR" thing. That is a bonus. So, if I'm looking at film on Brown (which I never did before the draft) and I seen those things I would think to myself I have no idea if this guy is a complete WR until we ask him to run a full route tree. But, he is electric...he has upside and he may be a complete WR but hasn't been asked to do certain things based on the O. Abberderis was asked to run a full route tree and run some of the best routes I have seen. It's the reason he was able to burn the much faster Roby (fastest Buckeye player in 2013). I'm thinking the guy dropped one catchable ball all season. He was big enough. He was a guy you knew who could be the next Hines Ward based on toughness and the knack for getting open despite a lack of top end speed.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I usually know a lot about most draft prospects, but Brown wasnt really on my radar and I didnt know much about him when they took him
    I don't usually know much about a 6th-rounder from a small school who is relatively diminutive. Most 6th-rounders don't pan out. I had far more hope in Sanders making it. But someone knew what the heck they were doing when they took AB. Even with as much recognition the fans give him, it's still not enough. I don't think most realize how great of a player he is. He has a great drive to succeed. Most guys his size (5-10, 185) don't do much in this league. And he is fast, but his timed speed isn't super cray (4.4. But, boy, is he football fast.

Legend

User Info Menu

Understood. I don't include height as a part of the whole "complete college WR" thing. That is a bonus. So, if I'm looking at film on Brown (which I never did before the draft) and I seen those things I would think to myself I have no idea if this guy is a complete WR until we ask him to run a full route tree. But, he is electric...he has upside and he may be a complete WR but hasn't been asked to do certain things based on the O. Abberderis was asked to run a full route tree and run some of the best routes I have seen. It's the reason he was able to burn the much faster Roby (fastest Buckeye player in 2013). I'm thinking the guy dropped one catchable ball all season. He was big enough. He was a guy you knew who could be the next Hines Ward based on toughness and the knack for getting open despite a lack of top end speed.
    Roby was GARBAGE last year... everyone burned him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I don't usually know much about a 6th-rounder from a small school who is relatively diminutive. Most 6th-rounders don't pan out. I had far more hope in Sanders making it. But someone knew what the heck they were doing when they took AB. Even with as much recognition the fans give him, it's still not enough. I don't think most realize how great of a player he is. He has a great drive to succeed. Most guys his size (5-10, 185) don't do much in this league. And he is fast, but his timed speed isn't super cray (4.4. But, boy, is he football fast.
    I thought Sanders was that guy but as soon as we put Brown back on KR he scored....

Just seemed like anytime Brown was given a shot he came up big. He has star power and I'm glad we found him.

Pretty sure the scout who went to Central Michigan didn't actually go to see AB. He went there to see someone else and like my friend said "anytime you went to see Central Michigan play AB put on a show"

Legend

User Info Menu

Roby was GARBAGE last year... everyone burned him.
    Yeah, that's not true.
    Trolls are people too.