Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

Backup

User Info Menu

A Boston.com Reporter said on air today that the Patriots really got screwed by the Steelers. The Patriots desperately wanted Dri Archer and Martavis Bryant in this draft. As the 3rd round was winding down, they thought that Archer might last til their early 4th rounder. But the Steelers grabed him at 97. Then at pick 105, the Patriots wanted Bryant, but also needed a Center badly, and Stork was high on their list, so they selected Stork cause they had heard that the Bengals liked him alot as well, and they thought there was a better chance for New England to trade back up in round 4, using their 4th at 130, and offering up a 6th in this draft, and a 5th in next years draft to Jacksonville for their pick at 114, cause the word was the Jets at 115 were gonna take a WR...and they did, only it was Shaq Evans. Then he said the Pats tried to offer that same package to the Bears, who picked right before us at 117, but they declined cause they wanted the RB " Ka' Deem Carey badly, and thought he would be gone by the time the 130th pick happened, so no go. And then sure enough...at 118, the Steelers selected Bryant. And this Boston.com reporter said right after they announced the Steelers selection of Bryant, that Bill Belichick walked out of the Pats War room and yelled " S H I T "!!

I don't know about any of you here, but that story put a great Big SMILE on my face!! We not only " PUNKED " Belicheat once...but TWICE!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Haha... that is awesome if it is true. Wish someone had a video of that...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Haha... that is awesome if it is true. Wish someone had a video of that...

I heard him on WEEI early this afternoon. You can try, or I can and see if their Podcast of todays shows are available ???
    But this guy is one of the few who are allowed at the Patriots War room...so I think it is true. And there is no doubt that Bryant visited the Patriots twice...that is documented. So I think it is possible.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It's a little payback for Manny's offer sheet...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I also heard they were hot on McCullers late as well...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    A Boston.com Reporter said on air today that the Patriots really got screwed by the Steelers. The Patriots desperately wanted Dri Archer and Martavis Bryant in this draft. As the 3rd round was winding down, they thought that Archer might last til their early 4th rounder. But the Steelers grabed him at 97. Then at pick 105, the Patriots wanted Bryant, but also needed a Center badly, and Stork was high on their list, so they selected Stork cause they had heard that the Bengals liked him alot as well, and they thought there was a better chance for New England to trade back up in round 4, using their 4th at 130, and offering up a 6th in this draft, and a 5th in next years draft to Jacksonville for their pick at 114, cause the word was the Jets at 115 were gonna take a WR...and they did, only it was Shaq Evans. Then he said the Pats tried to offer that same package to the Bears, who picked right before us at 117, but they declined cause they wanted the RB " Ka' Deem Carey badly, and thought he would be gone by the time the 130th pick happened, so no go. And then sure enough...at 118, the Steelers selected Bryant. And this Boston.com reporter said right after they announced the Steelers selection of Bryant, that Bill Belichick walked out of the Pats War room and yelled " S H I T "!!

I don't know about any of you here, but that story put a great Big SMILE on my face!! We not only " PUNKED " Belicheat once...but TWICE!!

Best thing I've read today ! Thanks.

Legend

User Info Menu

the interview with mann is up on steelers.com

he did say that, but qualified it later. not sure why they left that out of the article.
    i'll be shocked if he starting this year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post

Yes, but it still doesn't make up for cheating us out of a trip to the SB in '01 & '04.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie
    "He has a Randy Moss-type build," another scout said. "Doesn't run as fast as Randy but a notch below. There's some immaturity ... He does some idiotic stuff.
    The latter part sounds ominous. And the author knows he's comparing him to other idiotic football players. Anyone know what that's about?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    The latter part sounds ominous. And the author knows he's comparing him to other idiotic football players. Anyone know what that's about?
    At the end of the 2012 season, Bryant was suspended from Clemson's bowl game...

He has also been penalized in the past for the infamous "throat slash" gesture...