Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 562

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Every indication including the spring practices suggests the senior Stoudt to be a quality QB who owned the spring and has completed 70% of his passes with only 1 int in his previous three years. No reason to abandon ship if you are truly a talented WR.
    Citing spring ball as an argument for your case doesn't really do much, IMO.

    Bryant likely saw a huge question mark and decided to make the jump and get his NFL clock started. He isn't the first to make that choice and he won't be the last.

    I think it was a great pick for the 4th around

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Everyone says he had 13 TDs last year while Sammy Watkins had 12....i kept forgetting to comment on that (truthteller lost my interest). Bryant had 13 career TDs vs Watkins 27.

    Bryant had 7 last year on 40 or so catches, which is awesome if he can recreate that as a rookie
    Absolutely. I think people think I am slamming Bryant by calling him a situational talent. Honestly, if he can grab 4-5 TDs this season I would consider him a 4th rounder well spent. I see him getting PT inside the 20...and he might find a niche there.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Citing spring ball as an argument for your case doesn't really do much, IMO.

    Bryant likely saw a huge question mark and decided to make the jump and get his NFL clock started. He isn't the first to make that choice and he won't be the last.

    I think it was a great pick for the 4th around
    Possibly, but he also had Sammy Watkins out of the way. If he was the clear #1, and he had a solid senior QB coming up...why wouldn't he stay to push up his stock? Maybe it's because he wasn't a clear number 1.

  4. #264
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,228
    Bryant has 2 young daughters, he said that had major impact on him declaring.

    I personally didnt think he was a draftable prospect until the combine, then you couldnt really ignore his times and workouts which is when he got peoples attention.

    I hope he turns out to be a steal, because who knows if he would have raised or hurt his stock by returning to clemson next year, it could have gone either way.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Not true at all!

    There could be any number of reasons why Bryant left:

    1. Maybe he needed the money
    2. maybe he didn't like school
    3. maybe he thought he might go 3rd round
    4. Maybe he didn't want risk injury and miss his shot.
    5. maybe the guy behind boyd isn't very good and could hurt his draft stock.

    We have no idea why he declared for the draft.
    Just as we don't know it had anything to do with Boyd. The thing here is if he truly had #1 college WR talent...talent that could push him into big money (but was merely overshadowed by Watkins) then the smart money says he stays. IMO, it seemed odd him coming out as a junior.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bryant has 2 young daughters, he said that had major impact on him declaring.

    I personally didnt think he was a draftable prospect until the combine, then you couldnt really ignore his times and workouts which is when he got peoples attention.

    I hope he turns out to be a steal, because who knows if he would have raised or hurt his stock by returning to clemson next year, it could have gone either way.
    And that makes sense to me. I think it's possible everyone here is right about his reason for declaring...money needs, Boyd leaving, being pushed for PT by young talented WRs on the Clemson squad. By looking at his film...not just his highlights...I came away thinking he was no better than a 5-6th rounder. That is until the combine. You can't argue with that size speed combination. If he can put it together to become a solid #2...awesome. I love being wrong about these kinds of things. I think when all is said and done Bryant will be a solid situational player for several seasons...and may find his way to a #2 spot 3-4 years down the road...maybe. Is that worth a 4th? Absolutely.

  7. #267
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    When your facts are off and your comments blown up you resort to strawman? Really? Name one place I said a report was inaccurate? Bryant could be a starter...and he could be the next CEO of Pepsi. Both are true statements but neither are likely. I commented on the likelihood of Bryant starting this year...which isn't likely unless there is an injury. I also said he will prove his worth as a 4th round pick if he can prove to be a good RZ threat which honestly I think he will. Anything else?
    You spent a lot of time bashing Bryant for leaving early due to being scared of younger WRs. I have no problem admitting I misquoted his TDs from last year but umm...

    At one time you said Bryant may be practice squad material.

  8. #268
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And that makes sense to me. I think it's possible everyone here is right about his reason for declaring...money needs, Boyd leaving, being pushed for PT by young talented WRs on the Clemson squad. By looking at his film...not just his highlights...I came away thinking he was no better than a 5-6th rounder. That is until the combine. You can't argue with that size speed combination. If he can put it together to become a solid #2...awesome. I love being wrong about these kinds of things. I think when all is said and done Bryant will be a solid situational player for several seasons...and may find his way to a #2 spot 3-4 years down the road...maybe. Is that worth a 4th? Absolutely.
    We pretty much have the same stance on him.

    He really isnt a great fit for theit offense and in his role he wasnt asked to do much besides get open way down field (watkins and hopkins before him did a lot more short/intermediate routes designed to get them the ball quickly) which explains his gaudy YPC.

    He can run down the sideline, hes goofy in and out of his cuts but hes explosive off the line and has good quickness to him. Strong hands, but offers little after the catch.

    Hes got some good and some bad as do most mid round prospects, I am operating under believe that players like him before him havent exactly been successful or at least very few and far in between. My intial thoughts were he need work to break into the lineup, i said i think he doesnt dress for more games than he plays in this year but If he can get on the field and score some TDs that would be lovely...idc if he Fauria's it and catches 10 passes for 6 TDs and is a complete one trick pony

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You spent a lot of time bashing Bryant for leaving early due to being scared of younger WRs. I have no problem admitting I misquoted his TDs from last year but umm...

    At one time you said Bryant may be practice squad material.
    I have said many things tongue in cheek. Anyone with a brain knows our 4th round WR will make this squad. Bashing? I'm being realistic when an overzealous reporter sensationalizes and makes Bryant out to be a starter. He isn't a starter nor will he be unless Wheaton and probably Brown get hurt. Not sure why your whole argument surrounds me quoting an article about freshmen pushing for Bryant's time. You seem bent out of shape over it...is Bryant your brother?

  10. #270
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I have said many things tongue in cheek. Anyone with a brain knows our 4th round WR will make this squad. Bashing? I'm being realistic when an overzealous reporter sensationalizes and makes Bryant out to be a starter. He isn't a starter nor will he be unless Wheaton and probably Brown get hurt. Not sure why your whole argument surrounds me quoting an article about freshmen pushing for Bryant's time. You seem bent out of shape over it...is Bryant your brother?
    Cousin... .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •