Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

Legend

User Info Menu

Rising NFL Stars to Keep an Eye On in 2015

By Matt Bowen , NFL National Lead Writer May 15, 2015

With the NFL draft behind us and offseason practice sessions about to start across the league, who are the "rising stars" we should focus on heading into the 2015 season?

Here are five players on my list, guys who are in a prime position to become household names in the years to come, based on their skill sets, where they're at in their careers and how they fit into their team's systems.

Bryant was a legit playmaker for the Steelers in 2014, and I expect even more in his sophomore season working with Ben Roethlisberger. He has the speed and red-zone ability to make the developmental jump.

The former Clemson wide receiver has the frame (6'4", 211 lbs) to earn his money in the red zone on the fade, skinny post or slant, and he can eat up the cushion of a cornerback outside of the numbers on the deep ball. He is a straight-line-speed guy who can flat-out go get it.

Remember, Bryant didn't even dress for the first six games of 2014 and still caught eight touchdown passes while running a limited route tree.

He needs to continue developing his route-running and find a way to consistently win at the top of the route (the break point). That's where he can focus on sinking his hips, creating separation and producing clean angles back to the ball on intermediate cuts.

Yes, the red-zone production and vertical ability is going to impact opposing defensive game plans, but look for Bryant to be even tougher to defend with an entire offseason to advance his route-running and technique.

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2462860-rising-nfl-stars-to-keep-an-eye-on-in-2015[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Nah... I dont believe it.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Nah... I dont believe it.
    yeah, me neither.

should have cut Bryant and kept Derek Moye...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yeah, me neither.

Yup, he's Limas Sweed 2.0

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yeah, me neither.

Derek Moye.....that's a laugher
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey Ya where are all the Derek Moye drum beaters now? Aslo where is Derek Moye?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Waiting to get voted into the Hall.

Legend

User Info Menu

He fights for the ball, and fights for extra yards. not sure where but he does it. lol.

I never understood the praise for him but maybe he did some things in college.

I never saw the kid fight in our uni.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Titans signed him to their practice squad last October. They still have him, AFAIK.

Legend

User Info Menu