Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carnell Lake offers CB Richardson a second opportunity

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Let's not be naive: If he was innocent, they would've fleshed it out and he would've stayed a UCLA Bruin.
    Unless Neuheisel, with the NCAA's eye upon him because of his alleged infractions at Washington, decided that he wouldn't mess with any arrested freshmen...

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's not be naive: If he was innocent, they would've fleshed it out and he would've stayed a UCLA Bruin. He stole it, he got caught, and because he did some manuevering and/or insufficient proof--he got off. It is a pretty despicable thing to do (steal), but it is what is is... hopefully he's not the same sort of guy anymore.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Nothing but pure speculation on your part. There was suspicion and dropped charges. Nothing like throwing innocent until proven guilty straight out the window. I can't begin to imagine what you said about the Duke Lacrosse boys.

There are any number of reasons he was let go, first of them being a cheating coach who was willing to overreact to cover his own a$$.

Backup

User Info Menu

But wait,.....i thought our current regime would not be "Enamored by talent" ? My bad,...proceed to "Unleash Hell". lol smh

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's not be naive: If he was innocent, they would've fleshed it out and he would've stayed a UCLA Bruin. He stole it, he got caught, and because he did some manuevering and/or insufficient proof--he got off. It is a pretty despicable thing to do (steal), but it is what is is... hopefully he's not the same sort of guy anymore.
    Let's not be naive: Ben Roethlisberger faced allegations of sexual misconduct not once, but twice!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    This years draft reminds me a bit of a mix between Bengal and Raider drafts. Troubled but talented guys. Speed. I don't have a problem with taking a chance on a kid if they have done their homework.
    Richardson was accused, with others, of one issue when he was 18, and the charges were dropped. Bryant made a gesture that is unacceptable in today's PC world, but really, would anybody have thought twice about a throat slash gesture even 5-10 years ago?

Everybody else seems solid. Shazier is a team caption and the son of a preacher man. Tuitt has solid character by all accounts, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Shazier is a team caption and the son of a preacher man.
    He's the only one who could ever reach me...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He's the only one who could ever reach me...
    I might have missed it in the scouting report but do you know if Ryan was sweet-talking and/or sweet-lovin'....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I might have missed it in the scouting report but do you know if Ryan was sweet-talking and/or sweet-lovin'....
    I don't know about that, but he's smooth...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't know about that, but he's smooth...
    Alopecia sorta requires you to be smooth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Richardson was accused, with others, of one issue when he was 18, and the charges were dropped. Bryant made a gesture that is unacceptable in today's PC world, but really, would anybody have thought twice about a throat slash gesture even 5-10 years ago?

Everybody else seems solid. Shazier is a team caption and the son of a preacher man. Tuitt has solid character by all accounts, etc.
    Tuitt's mother is a Deputy Sheriff who sounds scarier than him! Not that he would ever be a problem but they could just say they are going to call his mom to get him focused
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"