Also, there is footage of Zumwalt as a sophomore running LaMichael James down from behind...
Yep. One of these guys will be the odd man out...for right now, I'd think Zumwalt would be the one in the most vulnerable position.
Or, they give their honest opinion of the draft at the time given what they know...
5 reasons to like Jordan Zumwalt
Posted May 10, 2014
By Mike Prisuta
The first of two picks in Round 6 brought ILB Jordan Zumwalt to the Steelers
Why you should be excited about Jordan Zumwalt:
* He started 30 of 50 games played at UCLA at three different positions, middle linebacker, strong-side outside linebacker and weak-side inside linebacker.
* Although not an edge rusher, he’s considered to be a player who drops well in coverage and tackles well.
* Scouting reports projected Zumwalt as a solid, four-special teams player in the NFL.
* His transition to the NFL could potentially be aided by having played in college in what Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler described as “a very similar defense to what we play here.” Zumwalt’s defensive coordinator at UCLA, Lou Spanos, is a former Steelers defensive assistant. “The nomenclature, a lot of it is the same so it’s probably going to be a pretty easy transition,” Butler added.
* Zumwalt will “create competition at the inside linebacker position,” in Butler’s estimation.
I watch a ton of college football, and I really like this draft. Tuitt in the second round is a thing of beauty. He has first round talent for certain, just an incredible athlete.
The only pick I hated was the TE Blanchflower or whatever. We did not need another blocking TE who is an average athlete and injury prone. We have enough. The rest of the picks are solid to spectacular in my opinion. Lot of potential to develop starters and key role players out of this group.
1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
3c Keith McGill CB Utah
4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon