Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCullers

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Overview

A big-boned, .
    he's not fat , he's Big boned

Goal line fullback.

I like the pick. There is a good chance that he never amounts to anything, and he may be practice squad material. But I like grabbing a massive player with raw ability. If Mitchell develops him, this could be a great value, even if he is never anything more than a two down player. If not, it's the 215th pick.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Its odd, because when you look at him, he doesn't look like a heavy NT. Even though he's 350+ lbs, he actually looks quite svelte since that weight is spread out over a 6'7" frame. Casey was one kind of NT, McLendon is an entirely different style, and McCullers is a different beast altogether. I prefer my nose tackle to be low to the ground to get better leverage, but Big Mac's wingspan could keep OL from getting into his body, and he could also give you the extra dimension of battling down passes from the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Its odd, because when you look at him, he doesn't look like a heavy NT. Even though he's 350+ lbs, he actually looks quite svelte since that weight is spread out over a 6'7" frame. Casey was one kind of NT, McLendon is an entirely different style, and McCullers is a different beast altogether. I prefer my nose tackle to be low to the ground to get better leverage, but Big Mac's wingspan could keep OL from getting into his body, and he could also give you the extra dimension of battling down passes from the middle.

Only problem with him, and other taller players is that tall players don't make great NT usually. It can and has happened. But it's hard. But the talent is there, as well as the massive strength and size.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Only problem with him, and other taller players is that tall players don't make great NT usually. It can and has happened. But it's hard. But the talent is there, as well as the massive strength and size.
    Depends on how well they teach him to use his hands. If he can punch and keep the OL away from his body with his length he could be a monster.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Depends on how well they teach him to use his hands. If he can punch and keep the OL away from his body with his length he could be a monster.
    In reading his scouting report...I thought the same thing.. most of the weaknesses can be improved by coaching. I think it's potentially between this kid and WR Bryant as the best value (for round selected) in the draft. What a monster!

I don't think we want a "duck-footed short-stepper" as a goal-line fullback.

Sounds like he could swat down some passes, given his size.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He played the Nose? One of the guys on one of the telecasts was saying that it was disconcerting to him was that (despite McCuller's size), they had a 270 lb. guy playing Nose.