Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: McCullers

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Overview

    A big-boned, .
    he's not fat , he's Big boned

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Goal line fullback.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I like the pick. There is a good chance that he never amounts to anything, and he may be practice squad material. But I like grabbing a massive player with raw ability. If Mitchell develops him, this could be a great value, even if he is never anything more than a two down player. If not, it's the 215th pick.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Its odd, because when you look at him, he doesn't look like a heavy NT. Even though he's 350+ lbs, he actually looks quite svelte since that weight is spread out over a 6'7" frame. Casey was one kind of NT, McLendon is an entirely different style, and McCullers is a different beast altogether. I prefer my nose tackle to be low to the ground to get better leverage, but Big Mac's wingspan could keep OL from getting into his body, and he could also give you the extra dimension of battling down passes from the middle.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  5. #15
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Its odd, because when you look at him, he doesn't look like a heavy NT. Even though he's 350+ lbs, he actually looks quite svelte since that weight is spread out over a 6'7" frame. Casey was one kind of NT, McLendon is an entirely different style, and McCullers is a different beast altogether. I prefer my nose tackle to be low to the ground to get better leverage, but Big Mac's wingspan could keep OL from getting into his body, and he could also give you the extra dimension of battling down passes from the middle.



    Only problem with him, and other taller players is that tall players don't make great NT usually. It can and has happened. But it's hard. But the talent is there, as well as the massive strength and size.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Only problem with him, and other taller players is that tall players don't make great NT usually. It can and has happened. But it's hard. But the talent is there, as well as the massive strength and size.
    Depends on how well they teach him to use his hands. If he can punch and keep the OL away from his body with his length he could be a monster.

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Depends on how well they teach him to use his hands. If he can punch and keep the OL away from his body with his length he could be a monster.
    In reading his scouting report...I thought the same thing.. most of the weaknesses can be improved by coaching. I think it's potentially between this kid and WR Bryant as the best value (for round selected) in the draft. What a monster!

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I don't think we want a "duck-footed short-stepper" as a goal-line fullback.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Sounds like he could swat down some passes, given his size.






  10. #20
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Its odd, because when you look at him, he doesn't look like a heavy NT. Even though he's 350+ lbs, he actually looks quite svelte since that weight is spread out over a 6'7" frame. Casey was one kind of NT, McLendon is an entirely different style, and McCullers is a different beast altogether. I prefer my nose tackle to be low to the ground to get better leverage, but Big Mac's wingspan could keep OL from getting into his body, and he could also give you the extra dimension of battling down passes from the middle.
    He played the Nose? One of the guys on one of the telecasts was saying that it was disconcerting to him was that (despite McCuller's size), they had a 270 lb. guy playing Nose.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •