Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 6...so who is it ?

Backup

User Info Menu

Round 6...so who is it ?

...The Huge DT McCullers ?,,,or do we make " Sick Beats " Cum in his pants and select " Purifoy " or maybe
    " Rashaad Reynolds " ?

Backup

User Info Menu

Hey, another OLB....Sick Beats must be Banging his head against the WALL.

Welcome to the Burgh Mr. Zumwalt!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll be quiet this round I can't take another beat down from the Ruthless one

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

04/29/14 - Five players who should be on Pittsburgh's draft radar: LB Jordan Zumwalt, UCLA: Inside linebacker won't be listed as the top need on any lists out there, but in the mid-to-late rounds, Zumwalt has the intensity and versatility that screams Steelers. He has experience playing inside and outside and would provide depth at several linebacker spots for Pittsburgh. Zumwalt plays fast, active and aggressive, but also stiff and is more of a straight-line athlete who struggles to easily redirect. He has an intense on-field demeanor and to describe him as "violent" would be an understatement, but he also comes with durability concerns due to his physical play style. Zumwalt projects as a versatile reserve player who is able to wear several hats in various schemes and should be able to make a living on special teams coverages as well, making him a logical target in the fourth or fifth round. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Backup

User Info Menu

Jordan Zumwalt =....Jack Lambert!

Analysis

Strengths
    Very competitive with a fiery, on-field temperament. Explosive hitter. Throws his body around recklessly and times up the blitz well (disruptive presence). Is around the ball a lot. Very good football intelligence -- lines up teammates and makes adjustments. Versatile and has played all linebacker positions and contributed as a fullback in short-yardage situations. Defensive tone-setter -- has a love for the game and it shows. Plays big on big stages -- capped his career with co-MVP effort in the Sun Bowl vs. Virginia Tech, when he knocked Logan Thomas unconscious and returned an interception 43 yards.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post

Analysis

Strengths
    Very competitive with a fiery, on-field temperament. Explosive hitter. Throws his body around recklessly and times up the blitz well (disruptive presence). Is around the ball a lot. Very good football intelligence -- lines up teammates and makes adjustments. Versatile and has played all linebacker positions and contributed as a fullback in short-yardage situations. Defensive tone-setter -- has a love for the game and it shows. Plays big on big stages -- capped his career with co-MVP effort in the Sun Bowl vs. Virginia Tech, when he knocked Logan Thomas unconscious and returned an interception 43 yards.
    Vince Williams moves further down on the depth chart and Kion Wilson gets a bus ticket out of Pittsburgh. I like it!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Let's set the bar higher!

Seriously though, I see possibly a young Jerry O. Give that roody-poo Chris Carter his walking papers. This kid has the potential to fill back-up role at OLB or ILB.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the Zumwalt pick tells us a couple things:

1. Not confident Spence can play
    2. Not thrilled with Vince Williams
    3. Pretty certain Worilds will be leaving
    4. Need insurance if J Jones continues to underwhelm
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Let's set the bar higher!

Seriously though, I see possibly a young Jerry O. Give that roody-poo Chris Carter his walking papers. This kid has the potential to fill back-up role at OLB or ILB.
    He has me thinking Olsavsky too.

Legend

User Info Menu

he's a lot bigger then jerry O

with all this "speed" in the LB unit, here's a guy that will smack ya.

gotta love his attitude