Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Why does this team not prioritize the CB position?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    So, you agree that he made a ridiculous statement?
    no, i agree you did.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    no, i agree you did.
    Then that only makes my point even stronger...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    It is common for smallish DEs to switch to 3-4 OLBs; do you think that is news? My point is, this team spends way to long in converting players from one position to another, which either fails or takes too long to get them on the field. This is well known among Steeler fans. Why this team is so happy to have to make players change their position is beyond me. It must be an ego thing. I am sensing way too much ego with our coaches.
    I am going to have to disagree with this. On the defensive side of the ball we have been lucky enough to put 11 very talented men on the field for many years. That is why it takes so long for these people to see the field. They have someone better in front of them. Our talent pool has dwindled the last couple of years and you are starting to see rookies get much more playing time. You also see those rookie mistakes creep in and we give up more big plays as a result.

If a player has the ability then he will see the field. Just take a look at Woodley who made the switch from DE to OLB and he contributed greatly in his first year and started his second year.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No need to be apologetic when disagreeing with sick beats.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Then that only makes my point even stronger...

sure, if by saying because one team won a superbowl with no high pick cbs means no team should ever pick a cb early. knock your self out
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

this D has always been all about the LB's

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    sure, if by saying because one team won a superbowl with no high pick cbs means no team should ever pick a cb early. knock your self out
    If I had ever said that, you might have a point...

As it stands now, you don't...

Go back and read what was actually posted...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Seahawks did tackle the catch quite a bit in the Super Bowl, but it's not really how they got there...Their corners typically play very tight and physical...kind of the anti-"LeBeau 10-yard cushion".

They tackled the catch because they had no other choice in the SB. Every pass was 4 or 5 yards because Peyton didnt have time to go downfield.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    They tackled the catch because they had no other choice in the SB. Every pass was 4 or 5 yards because Peyton didnt have time to go downfield.
    That's Steeler football...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not to mention that Peyton Manning was near the bottom of the league in passes thrown over 20 yards, so the Seahawks had a scouting report and knew that in general, Manning wasn't trying to hit the big play and they tailored the defense to take advantage of that. Manning was hoping for missed tackles and some YAC, he got neither.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount