Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does this team not prioritize the CB position?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    BTW, if we're going to include safeties in the discussion, I still can't figure out what the problem is...

The Steelers traded up to grab Troy Polamalu, a DPOY and mentioned in the GOAT discussion...

The Steelers traded up for Shamarko Thomas just last year...

The Steelers went out in the FA market and signed Mike Mitchell...

?!?!?!?
    Great. First of all Troy was a regime ago. Tomlin's team seems obsessed with ignoring DBs more than anyone. Also, the safeties are half of the back field. Ignoring CBs is still moronic.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Seattle...one of the "best back fields in the history of the game"? How old are you? In any event, it takes more than one year to attain that status. And drafting Sherman in Round Six does not mean they "prioritized" him, nor did they "know something". Round Six is a roll of the dice like it is for every other team.

I don't know how many centers we have but many centers can play guard. They are not locked in at center for all time.

In fact, several of our draftees so far appear capable of playing more than one position. That's a good thing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Seattle...one of the "best back fields in the history of the game"? How old are you? In any event, it takes more than one year to attain that status. And drafting Sherman in Round Six does not mean they "prioritized" him, nor did they "know something". Round Six is a roll of the dice like it is for every other team.

I don't know how many centers we have but many centers can play guard. They are not locked in at center for all time.

In fact, several of our draftees so far appear capable of playing more than one position. That's a good thing.
    You mean they have to learn new positions, taking years before they are any good? We all love that about this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would liked to have gotten a CB earlier. Other than that, I'm liking most of these picks. Should make for a very competitive training camp.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Ignoring CBs is still moronic.
    It worked for us in the past...

It also worked for Seattle...

A strong front seven and competent "tackle the catch" CBs worked for both teams...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Many of us thought we would go CB in the first round; here it is through 6, and still no CB taken. Dumb as hell. Tomlin, you are an idiot.

And if they take a CB in the 7th it won't matter; he won't even make the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Many of us thought we would go CB in the first round; here it is through 6, and still no CB taken. Dumb as hell. Tomlin, you are an idiot.

And if they take a CB in the 7th it won't matter; he won't even make the team.

the FO didn't address the need at CB like it should have been..prior to the draft. I thought they would have doubled up on the position.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sicko: I didn't say anyone will "have to learn new positions". It is helpful when they can should the need arise. Several have already played more than one position in college. Try to keep up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm guessing the philosophy is to apply pressure to the quarter back with those fellas up front. Field an adequate secondary and don't give up the big play. Hasn't worked very well for us the past few years, but that's probably why they just drafted some guys to fix that problem.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I thought the Richardson kid was a CB?
    Umm, he is...