Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 more selections til...Martavis Bryant!!!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's not just Steeler fans praising these picks. It's national sportwriters, sportscaster, former scouts, etc. Those guys are not homers who lack objectivity and buy into the hype. Draft weekend is the one time when all football fans can be optimistic about the future. If you're still a buzzkill even now, I'm not sure when you would ever be a pleasure to be around, man. Would you care to enlighten us regarding what the correct picks would have been in rounds 1-4 for the Steelers so far?
    Well said! To bad I have him on ignore, I would have liked to have seen his response.

Martavis Bryant vs. past Steelers WR
    Ht. 6-4 6-6
    Wt 211 231
    40 4.42 4.59
    Vert 39 in 33 in
    Broad Jump 124 in 115 in

Name that past Steelers WR

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    Martavis Bryant vs. past Steelers WR
    Ht. 6-4 6-6
    Wt 211 231
    40 4.42 4.59
    Vert 39 in 33 in
    Broad Jump 124 in 115 in

Name that past Steelers WR
    Looks like PLEX! I only know that because someone also compared him to Benjamin combine stats and they look the same also. Also thank you guys for me not feeling crazy that sickbeats is nuts! I felt all along there for awhile and like I was attacking him. THAT is not me. It is just SO strange for me that on draft day you would not give your team the benefit of the doubt on these picks till they at least suck it up on the field? Then feel free to bitch. NO ONE is great at drafting so I am lost with this guy.
    Last edited by SS Laser; 05-10-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's not just Steeler fans praising these picks. It's national sportwriters, sportscaster, former scouts, etc. Those guys are not homers who lack objectivity and buy into the hype. Draft weekend is the one time when all football fans can be optimistic about the future. If you're still a buzzkill even now, I'm not sure when you would ever be a pleasure to be around, man. Would you care to enlighten us regarding what the correct picks would have been in rounds 1-4 for the Steelers so far?
    First of all, the media is full of rock heads; how often do they just repeat each other, with very little actual intelligent thought being applied? Some talking heads know what they are talking about, but it's the minority. Plus, I haven't seen anyone swooning over the Steeler picks so far. But it is usually in vogue to do so, based on their past (but not the most recent 5 years, it just takes the moronic media to figure out things are no longer as they once were. They are slow to figure that out, instead basing things on reputation instead of actually noticing what is really happening in the here and now.

As for who I would prefer over who they took so far? Pretty easy drill there.

1st - CJ Mosely or Dennard or Pryor or Verrett.
    2nd - I don't have that much a problem with Tuitt, if they can shake the lazy out of him.
    3rd - Richard Rogers, Jaylen Watkins, Devonta Freeman, Breeland
    4th - Huff, Norwood, Aikens, Desir

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    First of all, the media is full of rock heads; how often do they just repeat each other, with very little actual intelligent thought being applied? Some talking heads know what they are talking about, but it's the minority. Plus, I haven't seen anyone swooning over the Steeler picks so far. But it is usually in vogue to do so, based on their past (but not the most recent 5 years, it just takes the moronic media to figure out things are no longer as they once were. They are slow to figure that out, instead basing things on reputation instead of actually noticing what is really happening in the here and now.

2nd - I don't have that much a problem with Tuitt, if they can shake the lazy out of him.
    Thank goodness you aren't in charge of drafting...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post

Of the guys you listed, I would have been okay with Dennard in round 1 (I think Shazier and Dennard are close) and Desir or Aikens in round 4 (but preferred Bryant). No thanks on the rest.

sick beats: You are hilarious. I didn't even have to read past your preferred first-rounders. You say Archer will be injured and out of the league by 2015. But in the FIRST round you would have taken Mosley, who had four or five major injuries in college, or Verrett, who is either 5' 9" or 5' 10", 180 pounds. That would be all of 7 pounds heavier than Archer, the guy you call a fragile midget.

I would never put you on ignore. You'e funnier than Leno.

The Bryant and Tuitt picks are my favorite of the draft!
    Round 1, Pick 15 (15)- Ryan Shazier, ILB; Ohio State
    Round 2, Pick 14 (46)- Stephon Tuitt, DE; Notre Dame
    Round 3b, Pick 33 (97)- Dri Archer, RB; Kent State
    Round 4, Pick 18 (118 )- Martavis Bryant, WR; Clemson
    Round 5, Pick 17 (157)- Shaquille Richardson, CB; Arizona
    Round 5b, Pick 33 (173)- Wesley Johnson, OT; Vanderbilt
    Round 6, Pick 16 (192)- Jordan Zumwalt, OLB; UCLA
    Round 6b, Pick 39 (215)- Daniel McCullers, DT; Tennessee
    Round 7, Pick 15 (230)- Rob Branchflower, TE; Massachusetts

I don't get excited just to get excited but we have some players who should be very fun to watch. Overall I would give this draft a B+.

Pro Bowler
    great pick
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis