Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 more selections til...Martavis Bryant!!!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    YES BABY!! Martavis Bryant IS a PITTSBURGH STEELER BABY!!!
    WEAKNESSES Shaky hands -- tends to double-clutch the ball and makes too many easy drops. Is not a polished route runner -- is stiff in and out of his breaks. Lacks toughness desired to work the middle of the field. Must prove that he is willing to work to assimilate a playbook and learn the finer points of the game.
    DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 4-5
    BOTTOM LINE A lean, long-limbed, rangy, outside-the-numbers, big-play receiver, Bryant declared for the draft early with underclassmen nipping at his playing time late in the season. Will require additional seasoning to make a mark in the pro game. A better tester than football player at this stage of his development, he has tools to be molded if he learns to hone his focus.
    -Nolan Nawrocki
    I doubt he will even make the team, to be honest. He is unfocused and has bad hands. And, he is stiff. He isn't going to cut it in the NFL.

Hall of Famer
    at this point (4th round)

great risk/reward pick

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I doubt he will even make the team, to be honest. He is unfocused and has bad hands. And, he is stiff. He isn't going to cut it in the NFL.
    You aren't cutting it on this board, but we keep you around...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Now that is funny.

Eh cut Sb a break, he actually has a point with this one. The reason I'm not upset is because we spent a 4th, and I believe he was a good value in the 4th. He isn't a natural pass catcher...I made note of that in an earlier post. He isn't a polished route runner. But, he does have good top end speed once he gets going...and that is going to provide the running game some breathing room. I believe he has the ability to keep safeties honest. He is also a legit redzone guy...which this team desperately needs.

Backup
    Very.

This is a great pick. The most he has to do is beat out Moye and Brown to make the squad.

Then it's Antonio Brown, Moore, Wheaton, Heyward-Bey and Bryant.

I think that happens.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Oh, I forgot: Everything this team does is perfect (which is why we have two non-winning seasons in a row). They have reached almost every single pick so far. Tuitt is decent, when he gives effort, which is not all the time. The last two picks won't make the field and maybe not the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Eh cut Sb a break, he actually has a point with this one. The reason I'm not upset is because we spent a 4th, and I believe he was a good value in the 4th. He isn't a natural pass catcher...I made note of that in an earlier post. He isn't a polished route runner. But, he does have good top end speed once he gets going...and that is going to provide the running game some breathing room. I believe he has the ability to keep safeties honest. He is also a legit redzone guy...which this team desperately needs.

Against our Buckeyes, he had only three catches for a paltry 28 yards...

Unfortunately for us, two of those went for TDs...

And maybe the BEST and most respected NFL Scout...Frank Cooney...has Bryant as his 80th best player in this draft. That's a middle 3rd round talent son. Yes, he needs to show more consistency. But you posting that one weakness report does not make you right boy. I mean you want me to post what some scouts said about us drafting Antonio Brown in round 6 ?? And what his weaknesses were ?

And I bet you were all over the Antonio selection...saying it Sucked as well. Please Boy. Leave the draft, and the evaluating to us BIG GUYS here on the board...Okay ? Now, go and get some Ice Cream now.
    Last edited by thetruthteller; 05-10-2014 at 01:35 PM.

They have reached almost every single pick so far.
    According to whom? You?

Child, please...