Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Pouncey needs to stay of twitter.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I wonder how hard he'll chuckle when he's sitting at home, suspended for a few games...
    Well Slap you get it. Was it funny for some of us here? Hell yes it was. BUT Pouncey is still sitting on the hot seat with the KING of the NFL and he still has to decide if you get a slap on the hand or a kick in the ass. Not a good time to still be jacking around. It shows that he still has not learned his lesson that even joking around can get you in major trouble. Maybe the fins will trade him to us for our 4th rd pick so he can be with his brother!

Hall of Famer
    buying gifts for vet teammates isnt bullying.

every team does that

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

every team does that
    Of course its not. But there is a thing called context. You guys realize that don't you?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Of course its not. But there is a thing called context. You guys realize that don't you?
    Yes context and that is part of the hazing that can become bullying. As it already did in Miami! If you have a guy with mental issues very small things become BIG things. It just looks bad for Pouncey to tweet what he did. Same as the Free the killer picture. It is pilling up now. And the NFL is SUPER HIGH profile.

Legend
    The NFL and Dolphins just don't wanna get sued. They don't really care about this other than the potential financial ramifications.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I wonder how hard he'll chuckle when he's sitting at home, suspended for a few games...
    It would be criminal to be suspended for a tweet as innocuous as this. I would hope the players association fought it as hard as possible if it came to pass. Can't even joke now. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It would be criminal to be suspended for a tweet as innocuous as this. I would hope the players association fought it as hard as possible if it came to pass. Can't even joke now. Ridiculous.
    From anyone else, it would be innocuous...

But, it's from Mike Pouncey...if he is suspended, he has nobody to blame but himself...I would hope the union wouldn't fight it, as a deterrent against stupidity...

Would it be funny if Ben made joking rape tweets?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It is the compounding of his actions along with questionable decision making. Not just the tweet. He is all ready on the hot seat? Should he not be held to an even higher standard with his past trouble? Just to spin this. Josh Gordon has a 2nd drug teat FAIL. And is going to appeal the 2nd. IF he wins that is it ok to tweet a month or so later time for 420? Or does that harm or make the NFL look stupid! This is a billion dollar business and you make millions just stay off twitter is the answer I think.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

every team does that
    Big money franchise QB's may buy his o-linemen gold watches or whatever. That's different than millionaire veterans forcing rookies on minimum salary deals to pay for outrageous steakhouse five-figure tabs after they all order the most expensive bottle of wine or other alcohol to take home with them.