Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Who's the biggest athletic freak among Steeler picks so far? (hint: it's not Tuitt)

  1. #1
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,610

    Who's the biggest athletic freak among Steeler picks so far? (hint: it's not Tuitt)

    What's more impressive...Archer's 4.26 at 173 lbs with 20 reps of 225 lbs, 38" vertical, 6.86 3 cone, and 4.06 20 yard shuttle, or Shazier's 4.36 40 at 237 lbs with 42" vertical, 130" broad, and 6.91 3 cone? A couple of athletic freaks, I tell ya (and they both actually performed on the field as well, not just in the underwear Olympics)


    1.22 OLB Alvin "Bud" Dupree, 6'4" 269
    2.56 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251
    3.87 CB Alex Carter, 6'0" 196
    4.121 OT Donovan Smith, 6'6" 338
    5.160 FS Kurtis Drummond, 6'1" 208
    6.199 WR Stefon Diggs, 6'0" 195
    6.212c CB Cam Thomas, 6'0" 195
    7.239 OLB Obum Gwachum, 6'5" 246

    Priority UDFA's:
    RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217
    RB Corey Grant, 5'9" 201
    DE B.J. Dubose, 6'4" 284
    DE Martin Ifedi, 6'3" 275
    FS Jordan Haden, 5'11" 200
    P Spencer Roth, 6'4" 227

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,539
    They're both equally impressive, but I gotta give the edge to Archer. If you watch Archer's highlight reel, it's insane how fast he plays.

    I'm down with a new stud from Kent State.

    Consider Tuitt is nearly 2x the size of Archer and he only did ~50% more reps with 31 at the combine.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,343
    It's tuitt!!
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    22 CB Marcus Peters Washington
    56 TE Maxx Williams Minnesota
    87 RB TJ Yeldon BAMA
    118 G Josue Matias FSU
    152 OLB Jordan Hicks Texas
    183 DT Tyeler Davison FRESNO STATE
    214 WR Mario Alford WVU

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,894
    Tuitt ' s arms would wrap around Archer 7 times. That's comparing apples to oranges. But 20 reps is impressive indeed.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What's more impressive...Archer's 4.26 at 173 lbs with 20 reps of 225 lbs, 38" vertical, 6.86 3 cone, and 4.06 20 yard shuttle, or Shazier's 4.36 40 at 237 lbs with 42" vertical, 130" broad, and 6.91 3 cone? A couple of athletic freaks, I tell ya (and they both actually performed on the field as well, not just in the underwear Olympics)




    I'll go with option 3...Jeff Janis WR, Saginaw Valley State. 6ft 3, 220 Lbs. 4.37 forty. 3.98 in the 20 yard shuttle. 6.64 in the 3-cone drill. A 38 inch Vertical, and 20 Reps at 225Lbs.....and most Impressive ?...He's a WHITE BOY!!

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,610
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    I'll go with option 3...Jeff Janis WR, Saginaw Valley State. 6ft 3, 220 Lbs. 4.37 forty. 3.98 in the 20 yard shuttle. 6.64 in the 3-cone drill. A 38 inch Vertical, and 20 Reps at 225Lbs.....and most Impressive ?...He's a WHITE BOY!!
    I had Janis in my mock for a while, and would be quite happy to make him the big WR option in round 5 or 6 to pair with small WR/RB option Archer from round 3 (if we don't take Martavis Bryant in round 4).


    1.22 OLB Alvin "Bud" Dupree, 6'4" 269
    2.56 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251
    3.87 CB Alex Carter, 6'0" 196
    4.121 OT Donovan Smith, 6'6" 338
    5.160 FS Kurtis Drummond, 6'1" 208
    6.199 WR Stefon Diggs, 6'0" 195
    6.212c CB Cam Thomas, 6'0" 195
    7.239 OLB Obum Gwachum, 6'5" 246

    Priority UDFA's:
    RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217
    RB Corey Grant, 5'9" 201
    DE B.J. Dubose, 6'4" 284
    DE Martin Ifedi, 6'3" 275
    FS Jordan Haden, 5'11" 200
    P Spencer Roth, 6'4" 227

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I had Janis in my mock for a while, and would be quite happy to make him the big WR option in round 5 or 6 to pair with small WR/RB option Archer from round 3 (if we don't take Martavis Bryant in round 4).
    From the way media grades for players are about out the window they might have to take Janis in the 4th if that's who they want I think.

  8. #8
    Our 4th rounder may have trumped the board!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •