Thread: Who's the biggest athletic freak among Steeler picks so far? (hint: it's not Tuitt)

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Who's the biggest athletic freak among Steeler picks so far? (hint: it's not Tuitt)

What's more impressive...Archer's 4.26 at 173 lbs with 20 reps of 225 lbs, 38" vertical, 6.86 3 cone, and 4.06 20 yard shuttle, or Shazier's 4.36 40 at 237 lbs with 42" vertical, 130" broad, and 6.91 3 cone? A couple of athletic freaks, I tell ya (and they both actually performed on the field as well, not just in the underwear Olympics)

Legend
    They're both equally impressive, but I gotta give the edge to Archer. If you watch Archer's highlight reel, it's insane how fast he plays.

I'm down with a new stud from Kent State.

Consider Tuitt is nearly 2x the size of Archer and he only did ~50% more reps with 31 at the combine.

It's tuitt!!
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Tuitt ' s arms would wrap around Archer 7 times. That's comparing apples to oranges. But 20 reps is impressive indeed.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What's more impressive...Archer's 4.26 at 173 lbs with 20 reps of 225 lbs, 38" vertical, 6.86 3 cone, and 4.06 20 yard shuttle, or Shazier's 4.36 40 at 237 lbs with 42" vertical, 130" broad, and 6.91 3 cone? A couple of athletic freaks, I tell ya (and they both actually performed on the field as well, not just in the underwear Olympics)

I'll go with option 3...Jeff Janis WR, Saginaw Valley State. 6ft 3, 220 Lbs. 4.37 forty. 3.98 in the 20 yard shuttle. 6.64 in the 3-cone drill. A 38 inch Vertical, and 20 Reps at 225Lbs.....and most Impressive ?...He's a WHITE BOY!!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    I'll go with option 3...Jeff Janis WR, Saginaw Valley State. 6ft 3, 220 Lbs. 4.37 forty. 3.98 in the 20 yard shuttle. 6.64 in the 3-cone drill. A 38 inch Vertical, and 20 Reps at 225Lbs.....and most Impressive ?...He's a WHITE BOY!!
    I had Janis in my mock for a while, and would be quite happy to make him the big WR option in round 5 or 6 to pair with small WR/RB option Archer from round 3 (if we don't take Martavis Bryant in round 4).

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I had Janis in my mock for a while, and would be quite happy to make him the big WR option in round 5 or 6 to pair with small WR/RB option Archer from round 3 (if we don't take Martavis Bryant in round 4).
    From the way media grades for players are about out the window they might have to take Janis in the 4th if that's who they want I think.

Our 4th rounder may have trumped the board!