Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dri Archer

Backup

User Info Menu

If you wanna be technical....Archer is really biiger then Wheaton is based on the fact that a person can usually hold 6Lbs for every inch in height. So if Archer were the 5ft, 11 that Wheaton is, his body would be that of a 192Lb man. That's more then Wheaton weighs.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't like the pick. I don't remember one RB that has done anything in the NFL at 5'8 170 lbs. He already fumbles a lot, is always hurt, has very small hands and has no position on offense. The NFL is also phasing out run backs and he doesn't return punts. Drafting him was pretentious and smells of arrogance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh Lord.

It might not have been a wise pick but "pretentious and smells of arrogance"? How do those words even apply? Where do people come up with these notions?

I see another "root-for-failure" contingent forming. "We gotta take the arrogance and smugness out of this FO."

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I don't like the pick. I don't remember one RB that has done anything in the NFL at 5'8 170 lbs. He already fumbles a lot, is always hurt, has very small hands and has no position on offense. The NFL is also phasing out run backs and he doesn't return punts. Drafting him was pretentious and smells of arrogance.

He won't be a RB solely. He will play WR, and a returner. And, a lot of players never returned Punts in college til they did it in the NFL. Randel El never did it, neither did Deion Sanders. As for his size...how many examples do you want ? There are players in the league right now who are UNDER 150Lbs. Hell, Desean Jackson, a PRO BOWL WR was 2 inches taller then Archer, but 5 Lbs lighter....and he's made it.

You need to truly get a Clue son before you spew out your Garbage!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Not the guy I would have picked...

HOWEVER...

If he takes Stephens-Howling's roster spot as the 3rd down RB, can line up as a WR, returns kicks & punts & THAT IS ALL HE EVER DOES, but does it regularly- then he's pretty good value at the very end of the 3rd round. As a RB/WR, does he save us a roster spot too? Probably.

If this guys is Sproles-Lite, can anyone really complain?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Not the guy I would have picked...
    the choice at #97 for the Steelers was between Archer and Bryant.

and they ended up getting them both so I'm very happy...

Backup

User Info Menu

I support ALL our selections. Isn't that what a FAN is supposed to do ? Yes, I, if I were in charge MIGHT have gone a different direction or two, and maybe so would have all of you. But that facts are....I am NOT in charge of drafting the Steeler players. And that right there is the strongest proof that there......IS a " God "

Legend

User Info Menu

He is going to quickly become fan favorite. He will take your breath every time he gets the ball...and trust me the Steelers will get him the ball. He will play early...probably game one.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

5 reasons to like Dri Archer

Posted May 9, 2014
    By Mike Prisuta

Third-round pick Dri Archer posted the second-fasted 40-time in Combine history

Why you should be excited about Dri Archer:

* His official 40-yard dash time at the combine was 4.26, No. 1 among all the running backs and slower only than Chris Johnson’s combine-record 4.24 in 2008.

* Archer scored a Kent State-record 23 touchdowns in 2012, 16 rushing (159-1,429-16), four receiving (39-561-4) and three on kickoff returns.

* Running backs coach James Saxon considers Archer “as tough as any kid I’ve been around.”

* Archer can potentially fill the scat-back, specialty back, complementary back role LaRod Stephens-Howling was unable to handle last season due to a season-ending injury in the opener. Archer also will solve the issues the Steelers had in 2013 with kickoff returns

* The Steelers have done OK with guys from Kent State previously (James Harrison and Jack Lambert, for example), and the MAC in general (Ben Roethlisberger).

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/5-reasons-to-like-Dri-Archer/0d14ff90-fa27-4299-8a37-4f533e91b1c0[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    That's the only thing bothering me. On kick-offs, 75% are non-returnable so he will never touch the ball. On punts, teams will kick away from him or out of bounds (see D Hester). So again, no chance to make a play.

.... but woe to the team that doesn't get the ball to the endzone on kickoff.
    Unfortunately, that team is usually the Steelers.