Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dri Archer

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm so excited about this kid. His highlights are like a video game.

No one saw this pick coming. Or going. If you blink you might miss him. He's that fast.

Legend

User Info Menu

This kid is so fast he can flick the switch & be under the covers & asleep in bed before the light goes out.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Maybe we can get Rainey back?
    I was disappointed in losing Rainey. I really thought he was going to be that explosive playmaker who would double as our return man and 3rd-down threat. Rare speed and change of direction. However, Archer takes that same skill set and actually cranks it up a notch or two.

Although I coached against both Rainey and Archer in high school, I was on the offensive side of the ball when we played Venice, so I honestly don't remember a whole lot about the latter (by the way, since he was also mentioned in this thread, we had Ace Sanders on our team...kind of cool). But because he's a local kid, I have followed Archer a little. There was even a huge Heisman campaign put together by Kent State for him.

Those of you who are belly-aching over taking him in the 3rd round will likely be singing a different tune when he zips, zips, zips to the hizzy on a couple of those returns this year. His special teams contributions will make this pick a great value, in my opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lightning in a Steeler uni

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    His highlights are like a video game.
    He has to get a 99 speed rating in this year's Madden game. Has to.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I think its a solid pick but not what he brings as a RB because I don't necessarily see or want him taking carries away from Bell and Blount. I see him replacing our #1 WR as our PR. Brown returning punts is a big risk because of our WR depth.

Archer will see playing time as a KR/PR, reverses, etc. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Steelers drafted him to be a slot WR with the occasional trick play.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Another good call. Even if DHB cant catch...having him on the outside...Dri in the slot? Um...can any team bring 8 in the box? Can any team not give their DBs safety help? That's what some fans wont see...is the fact that guys with this kind of speed change games even when they don't touch the ball. Who will be the beneficiary? Bell.
    Shawn you see the system and not just the pieces. Good post. I think if we can get a solid year out of the O-line we might have something special on offense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So far we got a 210 lb ILB, a lazy DE and a midget RB who could have been taken in the 7th and who will most likely be hurt all the time. Color me not confident.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Lightning in a Steeler uni
    How often will he be healthy?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    So far we got a 210 lb ILB, a lazy DE and a midget RB who could have been taken in the 7th and who will most likely be hurt all the time. Color me not confident.

Fat, Drunk and STUPID...is no way to go through life Son!!

Signed,

Dean Wormer!!