Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 174

Thread: Dri Archer

  1. #121
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Except for guys like Tavon Austin and Dexter McCluster...
    shhhh.. why you gotta bring up guys who aren't EXACTLY like Dri...

    pretty sure Austin is 2 pounds heavier and McCluster is 3/4" taller than Dri

  2. #122
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50
    I would like to thank all the steelers fans and draft analysts who provided the perfect smokescreen of the steelers needing to pick a CB in the early rounds, so we could get the players we got in the draft and free agency. IMO these additions will get us to 12-4 and a legit shot our 7th SB. Listen to the ALL of the coaches and what they said about the incoming players impact for the team and given how we finished the year at 6-2, we should be much better this season as long a s Ben doesn't get hurt(knock on wood)

  3. #123
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,096
    This was a move for Haley to get his "McCluster." However, dudes this little almost never pan out and you won't know until the field and NFL practice/game. Sproles is as short, but 20 lbs heavier. Maybe Dri could end up being our "Ice Cube" McNeil but we will just have to see what happens. 50-50% chance this dude doesn't see week 1.

  4. #124
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    This was a move for Haley to get his "McCluster." However, dudes this little almost never pan out and you won't know until the field and NFL practice/game. Sproles is as short, but 20 lbs heavier. Maybe Dri could end up being our "Ice Cube" McNeil but we will just have to see what happens. 50-50% chance this dude doesn't see week 1.
    Have you even considered that with NFL training Archer will add some bulk? He's not going to be running between the tackles. IMO he is like a Terry Metcalf who was only 10lbs heavier in his prime.

    Pretty certain he will see return duties week #1, but I understand the game your playing. Extreme predictions and if they come true you come back and try to convince everyone how much you know and if they don't come true you just try to recast the prediction or stay silent versus acknowledging your error. Not an uncommon tactic on message boards.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 05-13-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Except for guys like Tavon Austin and Dexter McCluster...
    Tavon Austin is bigger and has still done nothing in the NFL... he has 40 rec. last year. Also he is not a converted RB. Not sure why people can't read on this board. I said name a RUNNING BACK that is 5'8 170 lbs. Austin was a 3 year WR at WV. He didn't have fumbling issues and he was relatively healthy.

    Dexter is already on his 2nd team after not being resigned by KC. He was also a punt and return specialist at Ole Miss. He played WR/ RB for 4 years. Would you trade a 3rd round pick for Dexter right now? He is the ceiling for Archer.

    Also just because the Steelers were hell bent on drafting him then that's on them. I just wonder why nobody will even attempt to answer my questions. Would anyone trade a 3rd for McCluster? Would anybody draft him in the first 100 picks if he ran .01 of a second slower? Would you draft a guy that ran a 4.4 and fumbled at the same rate and injured as much as he was?

    So basically they drafted him because of .1 (ONE TENTH OF A SECOND) in shorts in a 40 yard spurt?

  6. #126
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Have you even considered that with NFL training Archer will add some bulk? He's not going to be running between the tackles. IMO he is like a Terry Metcalf who was only 10lbs heavier in his prime.

    Pretty certain he will see return duties week #1, but I understand the game your playing. Extreme predictions and if they come true you come back and try to convince everyone how much you know and if they don't come true you just try to recast the prediction or stay silent versus acknowledging your error. Not an uncommon tactic on message boards.
    Yea, I have this massive plan, to make bold predictions and take credit for them, because if I persuade some board members I knew something using insight......I can take over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not just me expressing my opinion, it is a case of me plotting to take over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I can take credit for having the vision for knowing this dude is too small, I will be able to build empires and take over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Also, Metcalf played in 1975, and - this just in - players were no where near as big or fast then. And he was 10 lbs bigger, and that can mean a lot at such light weights.

    And, this dude in tiny. He won't be able to add much bulk to his tiny frame. It's not happening. Sure, he won't run in between the tackles, but him running in any play where there is traffic, little dude is gonna get smashed.


  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Tavon Austin is bigger and has still done nothing in the NFL... he has 40 rec. last year. Also he is not a converted RB. Not sure why people can't read on this board. I said name a RUNNING BACK that is 5'8 170 lbs. Austin was a 3 year WR at WV. He didn't have fumbling issues and he was relatively healthy.

    Dexter is already on his 2nd team after not being resigned by KC. He was also a punt and return specialist at Ole Miss. He played WR/ RB for 4 years. Would you trade a 3rd round pick for Dexter right now? He is the ceiling for Archer.

    Also just because the Steelers were hell bent on drafting him then that's on them. I just wonder why nobody will even attempt to answer my questions. Would anyone trade a 3rd for McCluster? Would anybody draft him in the first 100 picks if he ran .01 of a second slower? Would you draft a guy that ran a 4.4 and fumbled at the same rate and injured as much as he was?

    So basically they drafted him because of .1 (ONE TENTH OF A SECOND) in shorts in a 40 yard spurt?
    There is no more that 5 lbs difference between Archer and Austin...and no height difference...

    The fact that Austin "still hasn't done anything in the NFL", besides the 40 catches and the 8+ yard per carry average, is probably because he was a rookie last year...

    If you told me that, like McCluster, Archer would have 2000+ return yards along with 2000+ rushing and receiving yards in four years, I'd take him...
    Last edited by Slapstick; 05-13-2014 at 06:55 PM.

  8. #128
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    69
    I love this pick, while he wont get much play on offense I think he will be a weapon in the return game and we will finally be able to take Brown off the punt team before he gets hurt.

  9. #129
    Pro Bowler Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Tavon Austin is bigger and has still done nothing in the NFL... he has 40 rec. last year. Also he is not a converted RB. Not sure why people can't read on this board. I said name a RUNNING BACK that is 5'8 170 lbs. Austin was a 3 year WR at WV. He didn't have fumbling issues and he was relatively healthy.

    Dexter is already on his 2nd team after not being resigned by KC. He was also a punt and return specialist at Ole Miss. He played WR/ RB for 4 years. Would you trade a 3rd round pick for Dexter right now? He is the ceiling for Archer.

    Also just because the Steelers were hell bent on drafting him then that's on them. I just wonder why nobody will even attempt to answer my questions. Would anyone trade a 3rd for McCluster? Would anybody draft him in the first 100 picks if he ran .01 of a second slower? Would you draft a guy that ran a 4.4 and fumbled at the same rate and injured as much as he was?

    So basically they drafted him because of .1 (ONE TENTH OF A SECOND) in shorts in a 40 yard spurt?
    Your questions likely aren't getting answered because they are basically retarded. I can find few patterns of logical thinking or reasoning in any of your posts. You also seem very angry. I hope you get help.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  10. #130
    If Archer remains at 173 for his entire career, then he may not make much of a mark. I'm the type of fan that looks, at least initially, for the positives in a draft pick. There's plenty of time to call the guy a draft bust. People could at least wait until the first day of training camp to start with the draft bust, thing. The things I notice about Archer is that he has beautiful running form. He could be a sprinter on a track team, but he holds his form when he is running on the football field. So even if he did gain some weight, I don't think he would lose a lot of speed because his form is so good.

    Another thing that to me is encouraging about him is that he is strong and a weight lifter. He put 225 lbs up 20 times. That is excellent. If he keeps working of the weights, he will most likely get bigger and heavier. It is not uncommon for running backs to be 5' 8". I don't know if Austin or McCluster are as dedicated to the weights as Archer. As far as him getting smashed in the NFL, some players just a a knack for evading direct hits. Archer may be that type of runner, but we'll have to see more of him in the NFL, to determine that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •