Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Dri Archer

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    How do you put people on ignore on this forum?
    Hey Pete, if you put me on ignore you can't didactically lecture me like you are my dad. What will we do then?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    NM, just found it
    Ignore List

To remove a user from your ignore list, un-check the box associated with their name and click the 'Save Changes' button.

To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Ignore List

Thanks Pete. I was wondering how to use the ignore list....I've had enough of sick beats.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Hey Pete, if you put me on ignore you can't didactically lecture me like you are my dad. What will we do then?
    Well, I'm guessing he'll just ignore you...

Possibly like your dad...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Haha! Laugh of the day!! Classic!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

But I am going to miss his pathetic, didactic instructions, like he has some authority on telling people what their opinions should be.

But I am going to miss his pathetic, didactic instructions, like he has some authority on telling people what their opinions should be.
    Like father, like son...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    He wouldn't have lasted to Round 5. Let's not exaggerate to make your point.

You're acting like this kid wasn't a very productive player. He was not just some track guy playing football. He is a football player, with the running instincts and hands to show. (has good hands)

4.2 guys with good hands do not last til Round 5.

where did you get your 3rd or 4th round ranking?
    6 mock draft sites and the highest ranking i saw was 140th, which means round 5 or later in the majority of rankings.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    where did you get your 3rd or 4th round ranking?
    6 mock draft sites and the highest ranking i saw was 140th, which means round 5 or later in the majority of rankings.
    Exactly. This just in, dudes this small can't cut it 99% of the time in the NFL; that's why he could have been got in the 5th. By week 3, he will be hurt, if he makes it that long.

Exactly. This just in, dudes this small can't cut it 99% of the time in the NFL; that's why he could have been got in the 5th. By week 3, he will be hurt, if he makes it that long.

And is " Tavon Austin " having a problem staying on the field ?...Now remind me, who is bigger..Austin or Archer ?

Article on Archer.....

Kent State running back Dri Archer runs a drill at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, Feb. 23. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)

View More Photos>>

RELATED STORIES

2014 NFL Draft: Jadeveon Clowney deals with expectations fit for “Superman”

Dri Archer sounded like the extra two-week wait for this year’s NFL Draft was wearing him out.

In a phone interview Monday, the only teams the Kent State running back could recall visiting were the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Detroit Lions. Last month, he told Cleveland.com that the Oakland Raiders, Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots were also on that list.

“It’s definitely dragged on longer than it usually does,” Archer said of the run-up to the draft.

Archer’s time might come Friday night in the draft’s second and third rounds, although he dreams of his 4.26 speed in the 40-yard dash sneaking him into Thursday’s first round.

“You always hope for the best, but whatever happens happens,” Archer said. “You can’t really get too mad about what happens.”

Publicity-wise, Archer has benefited from the draft being pushed back to May. ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. put him on his “Freak List,” noting his 20 bench-press reps at 225 pounds and 38-inch vertical leap along with his 40 time. ESPN’s Todd McShay had Archer second on his “All-Satellite Team” (best in space) behind LSU receiver Odell Beckham Jr. Kiper rated Archer No. 59 on his top 100 prospects.

The NFL Draft 2014 Preview published by former Pro Football Weekly guru Nolan Nawrocki said that one hand-held watch at the combine clocked Archer in 4.16 seconds and his 18 steps tied Calvin Johnson’s record.

“I’ve been hearing some of that stuff,” Archer said of the 4.16. “You never know what’s true.”

ESPN’s Bill Polian, a former general manager and president of the Colts, Bills and Panthers, doesn’t believe little men like Archer, 5-foot-8 and 173 pounds, are currying more favor in the NFL. But in a conference call Monday, Polian sounded like a fan of Archer, who might be a slot receiver and kick returner in the pros.

“I like him very much,” Polian said. “I think he’s a little fast guy with unique talent. He catches well, he’s got great shake and bake and he’s got great speed.”

In recent years, small players like Dexter McCluster, Tavon Austin, Darren Sproles and Trindon Holliday have found their niche in the league. Oregon running back De’Anthony Thomas (5-8, 174) is projected as a fourth- or fifth-round pick. But Polian doesn’t think guys built like Archer are making a comeback.

“Despite the fact that the colleges are playing with more and more small guys, there are very few that make it long-term and very few that hold up over time. They tend to become specialized players,” Polian said. “Darren Sproles, he’s the prime example. Prior to that it was Dave Meggett, who was a third-down back. They come along very, very infrequently simply because the beating [they] take is fearsome.

“But this young man from Kent State, there certainly is a role for him in the league and I hope he has a long career.”

Archer, who graduated from Kent State in December, headed home to Laurel, Fla., on Tuesday to watch the draft with his family.

“I’ve met a lot of interesting people in this process,” he said. “I’m just excited to see where I’m going to end up.”