Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dri Archer

Was RB a "need"? I think so...

Are there tons of players who can run as fast as Dri? I don't think so...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Mike Florio had Dri Archer as a first round prospect a couple of months ago, for what its worth (not much, but interesting nonetheless).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cy-mock-draft/

Listen, I know he is small. But, lets keep this in context. He will be returning kicks. Playing a little slot and be involved in a variety of gimmick plays. Is that worth a 3rd? Would you spend a third on Hester? Because that's this guy's ceiling. I personally would. He averaged 9 yards a carry...sick. He will be the fastest guy in the NFL and keep D coordinators up at night. The Steelers may only get this guy the ball 5-6 times a game outside of kick returns but he creates serious mismatch problems. Think about spreading out the D and letting this guy work in space. I'm drawing up plays in my head right now...can't imagine how excited Haley is right now...as he loves these types of backs. Personally, I think this is a good pick as the Steelers are making an obvious commitment to getting younger and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Truthteller? Lie teller, maybe. Your facts suck.

Desean Jackson 175
    Tavon Austin 174
    Dexter McCluster 172
    Ace Sanders 175

Dri Archer...173.

Try looking stuff up, Chachi

On to the pick... I really like the kid. He plays running back and WR. I saw him on TV a couple of times and was impressed by his speed, agility and toughness (given his size). But, I would have preferred to take a complimentary player like this later. There was no reason to take him this early given the number of potential starters still on the board.
    Bingo...good call blood.

I don't know who the fastest team in the NFL was last year, but it looks like the Steelers are going to make sure its them this year. The idea of Archer on the field with DHB, AB and Wheaton has to be giving Haley a Dr. Evil style chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't know who the fastest team in the NFL was last year, but it looks like the Steelers are going to make sure its them this year. The idea of Archer on the field with DHB, AB and Wheaton has to be giving Haley a Dr. Evil style chuckle.
    Another good call. Even if DHB cant catch...having him on the outside...Dri in the slot? Um...can any team bring 8 in the box? Can any team not give their DBs safety help? That's what some fans wont see...is the fact that guys with this kind of speed change games even when they don't touch the ball. Who will be the beneficiary? Bell.

Hall of Famer
    DHB has to make the team first, but i agree with your premise.

teams crowded the box too much on us last year between the run game and short passing game. need to loosen them up

Pro Bowler
    WOW did not know McCluster was that light! Well Haley get his "McCluster" again. Did he even use him very well in KC? I like this pick more now seeing these PRO's playing at such a light weight. And McCluster was picked in the 2nd rd. Jackson rd 2 also. Austin was 1st rd of course. Ace was rd 4. So not a bad draft spot for Dri A. at all me thinks.

A replacement and upgrade of LSH. LSH has (had) similar skill set but Dri has warp drive. Colbert holding to his theme of SPEED.

I can say this...This kids speed is unfair and his vision is great. McCluster isn't this fast.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!