Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dri Archer

Hall of Famer
    he looks like spud webb running with the football

Maybe we can get Rainey back?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    go root for another team then. the steelers know more than you so love this pick or go away
    Never said that to you. LMFAO! Told you to dream about a team that drafts more to you liking is all. It was a joke bro. You mad bro? LOL. The OG poster seemed to know about Dri A. I do not. So I was trying to get his thoughts on him because he liked him. Guess that came across more harsh then I meant it to be. I NEVER said to LOVE every pick. But have a open mind and give the pick a chance for crying out loud. Draft grades are pretty much BS compared to how teams see these prospects is how I think.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Lightest skill positional player to play in league the past 15 years weighed 187 Lbs. This guy is damn near 20 Lbs lighter. And the reports I have seen have said Archer has a history of getting Injured from Hits from the defensive players in his OWN Small conference. What happens once in the NFL ?

This is a GREAT pick for a team that is picking him in the 5th round or beyond....but in the 3rd round ?..when other WR's were there. When CB's like the Lindenwood kid Desir was there. And the McGill kid ?

Yeah, he will be great if we can get him the ball in space. But given who our OC is...I'm not holding my breath.
    $$$ Post...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Corey Chavous says Archer is more naturally explosive and elusive than Tavon Austin ...

Steelers add speedy, versatile Dri Archer

Posted by Mike Florio on May 9, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT

Getty Images
    The Steelers need some weapons on offense. They added one in the third round on Friday night.

Speedy, diminutive tailback Dri Archer has arrived as the 33rd pick in round three and 97th overall. The former Kent State standout ran a blazing 4.26-second 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine, threatening Chris Johnson’s all-time Indianapolis record of 4.24 seconds.

Archer covered the 40 yards with a record-low 18 steps (tying Calvin Johnson). One scout hand-timed Archer’s Combine run at 4.18 seconds.

Archer can contribute in the return game, as a slot receiver, and as a third-down running back.

DraftNasty.com, run by former NFL safety Corey Chavous, sees Archer as “even more naturally explosive and elusive than . . . Tavon Austin.”

If Archer is merely as explosive and elusive as Austin, the Steelers have found a guy who can help the team gain yards and score points.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    he looks like spud webb running with the football
    He'll get penalized this year if he tries a two hand reverse dunk over the crossbar though.

seems like we veered off course after two solid picks to me

This guy gets 10 touches a game....5 on special teams and 5 on tosses or check downs he has to be a match up nightmare. Who could cover this guy running a arrow route? Kind of a luxury pick but a 3rd down back with a sick skill set.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Lightest skill positional player to play in league the past 15 years weighed 187 Lbs. This guy is damn near 20 Lbs lighter.
    Truthteller? Lie teller, maybe. Your facts suck.

Desean Jackson 175
    Tavon Austin 174
    Dexter McCluster 172
    Ace Sanders 175

Dri Archer...173.

Try looking stuff up, Chachi

On to the pick... I really like the kid. He plays running back and WR. I saw him on TV a couple of times and was impressed by his speed, agility and toughness (given his size). But, I would have preferred to take a complimentary player like this later. There was no reason to take him this early given the number of potential starters still on the board.
    Last edited by steelblood; 05-10-2014 at 01:43 AM.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.