Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We got 6 #1/2's invested in our front 7

Hall of Famer

We got 6 #1/2's invested in our front 7

DE - Cam, Tuitt

OLB - Worilds, Jarvis

ILB - Timmons, Shazier

And FWIW, Nose Tackle, arguably "the most important position" in our scheme, we got an UDFA.

Hall of Famer
    and we just let another #1 DE go because he was ineffective

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    DE - Cam, Tuitt

OLB - Worilds, Jarvis

ILB - Timmons, Shazier

And FWIW, Nose Tackle, arguably "the most important position" in our scheme, we got an UDFA.
    Nose Tackle is becoming less important because we are playing a higher percentage of our downs in sub packages with 5 or 6 DBs. That is why Tuitt is so much better a choice than Nix woudl have been
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Banned
    Nix is so overrated, and Lazy. He is the next Terrence Cody at BEST! Cam Thomas is a tested Vet, and better then Nix could ever be. So all the Nix Lovers please stop with the nonsense that we should have drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Nix is so overrated, and Lazy. He is the next Terrence Cody at BEST! Cam Thomas is a tested Vet, and better then Nix could ever be. So all the Nix Lovers please stop with the nonsense that we should have drafted him.
    I read at NFL.com on Nix that he only put up 23 reps at 225, which is horrible

Sounds like Cam won't play DE after all
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Nose Tackle is becoming less important because we are playing a higher percentage of our downs in sub packages with 5 or 6 DBs. That is why Tuitt is so much better a choice than Nix woudl have been
    OV gets it....

Stat I saw was that the nose tackle is on the field 35-40% of the plays.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    and we just let another #1 DE go because he was ineffective
    I wasn't a Tuitt fan, but it proves Colbert's comment (about being the deepest draft in years)... Tuitt was #45, and has way more ceiling and the same floor, as pick #30 (Hood) had.

I'd much rather have Tuitt than Nix. Fatbody NTs in today's NFL are becoming rare.