Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: We got 6 #1/2's invested in our front 7

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,573

    We got 6 #1/2's invested in our front 7

    DE - Cam, Tuitt

    OLB - Worilds, Jarvis

    ILB - Timmons, Shazier

    And FWIW, Nose Tackle, arguably "the most important position" in our scheme, we got an UDFA.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,923
    and we just let another #1 DE go because he was ineffective

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    DE - Cam, Tuitt

    OLB - Worilds, Jarvis

    ILB - Timmons, Shazier

    And FWIW, Nose Tackle, arguably "the most important position" in our scheme, we got an UDFA.
    Nose Tackle is becoming less important because we are playing a higher percentage of our downs in sub packages with 5 or 6 DBs. That is why Tuitt is so much better a choice than Nix woudl have been
    1. Charles Harris-OLB, Missouri
    2. Rasul Douglas-CB, West Virginia
    3. Chris Godwin-WR, Penn State
    4. John Johnson-S, Boston College
    5. James Conner-RB, Pitt
    6. Nazair Jones-DT, North Carolina
    7. Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    294
    Nix is so overrated, and Lazy. He is the next Terrence Cody at BEST! Cam Thomas is a tested Vet, and better then Nix could ever be. So all the Nix Lovers please stop with the nonsense that we should have drafted him.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Nix is so overrated, and Lazy. He is the next Terrence Cody at BEST! Cam Thomas is a tested Vet, and better then Nix could ever be. So all the Nix Lovers please stop with the nonsense that we should have drafted him.
    I read at NFL.com on Nix that he only put up 23 reps at 225, which is horrible

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,000
    Sounds like Cam won't play DE after all
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2017 Mock (what i think the team will do)
    1. Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas St
    2. Josh Jones, S, NC State
    3a. Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama
    3b. Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Nose Tackle is becoming less important because we are playing a higher percentage of our downs in sub packages with 5 or 6 DBs. That is why Tuitt is so much better a choice than Nix woudl have been
    OV gets it....

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,150
    Stat I saw was that the nose tackle is on the field 35-40% of the plays.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    and we just let another #1 DE go because he was ineffective
    I wasn't a Tuitt fan, but it proves Colbert's comment (about being the deepest draft in years)... Tuitt was #45, and has way more ceiling and the same floor, as pick #30 (Hood) had.

  10. #10
    I'd much rather have Tuitt than Nix. Fatbody NTs in today's NFL are becoming rare.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •